Happy one month birthday mods to my AMP.

MADitto

So my AMP is one month today.
This is what I did today.
- Extreme racing G-10 chassis extension.
-fitted the torment front and rear bumpers, this needed some modifications.
-fitted the torment shock towers and body mounts.

The car is handling amazing, I'm able to keep the front end down and really cut into the turns. IMG_20160531_160318.jpg IMG_20160531_160328.jpg IMG_20160531_160336.jpg

Tires:
Pro-line Dirt Hawg tires mounted on Desperado black wheels (front and rear) for off road
Pro-line Street fighter mounted on Renegade black wheels (rear only) for the street

Suspension:
ECX Aluminum Shocks (front and rear)
RPM Oversized Front Spindle Blocks
RPM Heavy Duty Caster Blocks
RPM Oversized Rear Axle Carriers
RPM A-arms (front and rear)
Traxxas Turnbuckles Camber Links (front and rear)

Steering:
Traxxas steering arms
RPM servo savor eliminator
Ultra Torque Metal Gear Servo
(ordered) aluminum servo horn

Drive train:
ECX Metal Gear Set
21t/26t pinion gear
All aluminum hubs

Motor:
Castle Creation NC1406-4600kV

ESC:
Sidewinder 3

Power:
2S LiPo 5200 35c
3S Lipo 5000 20c
Low voltage alarm

Chassis:
Extreme Racing G-10 frame extension
ECX torment shock towers (front and rear)
ECX torment body mounts
ECX torment front and rear bumpers
ECX skid plates (modified)

Radio:
Spektrum DX2E

Receiver:
SR310

Body:
looking at the Pro-line, Pre-cut Flo-Tek Fusion or the Desert militia. I am taking the truck in tomorrow to see how they look. I am going to tap some new hole on the original body to rep the AMP!

I just realized the only thing still stock is the chassis, and drive shafts (for now). I will keep the original chassis so I can still say it's an AMP (kind of like NASCAR) like Kevin Harvick dives a Chevy SS, lol.

I'm assuming that you didn't have any trouble getting the Traxxas turnbuckle rod ends clearing the transmission output shaft? When I installed RPM ball cup rod ends clearance was pretty tight.

I'm assuming that you didn't have any trouble getting the Traxxas turnbuckle rod ends clearing the transmission output shaft? When I installed RPM ball cup rod ends clearance was pretty tight.
Actually I originally had clearance issues with the first set of turnbuckles.

The first set had large pivot balls and had no clearance, so I switch them out with the flat end with low-pro pivot carriers.

I picked up the 39mm #3644 and switch the ends next to the transmission output shaft.

You can see there is plenty of clearance now.

Attachments

• IMG_20160624_195342.jpg
    IMG_20160624_195342.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back