Help New gears & motor ruckus stopped moving

Zeroade

I just put in new metal gears and spur new esc and brushless motor set everything up made 2 passes up and down street now my ruckus will not go when tires are touching the ground also put new slipper in and so took everything back apart and nothing is broke motor and esc never even got warm any ideas im stumped it stopped working on the turn for the 3rd pass

You said the truck won't move when touching the ground, does the tires move when the tires aren't touching the ground? Any possibility your slipper is too loose?

tires do move when i hold them off ground my slipper is 1 and 1/4 turn from all way tight but it is like the slipper is bad i even switched out the new for stock one same problem I took it all apart and back twice and still same
The truck is new only ran 6 packs 2 runs stock 2 with 550 19t brushed motor 1 with new metal gears 81 spur and 22pinion and now it has 3100k 60amp hobbystar combo and i guess i will change it back to stock and see maybe i got bad motor

put everything back stock same issue so its not motor esc or slipper I watched a you tube video of common sounds it sounds like diff loose in the video checked still same thinking bout locking the stock diff see if it helps fix it done all else i can think of

put everything back stock same issue so its not motor ESC or slipper I watched a you tube video of common sounds it sounds like diff loose in the video checked still same thinking bout locking the stock diff see if it helps fix it done all else i can think of
When you reassemble the transmission make sure it turns freely by hand. It is possible to over tighten the transmission screws and cause binding. Also make sure the washer is installed behind the spur gear opposite the slipper spring. The only other thing I can think of is a slipping pinion gear so make sure that is tight with a dab of loc tight.

well tried again and failed ordered new parts. But was better when leaveing case screws loose spins freely til set on ground then binds up thinking top shaft now so will see when part come

Well tired new tops shaft shims case gears slipper motor esc still same issue driving me crazy. Think i may have to take it in to hobby town have them take a look. Atleast I have everything to turn a ecx roller on ebay to working machine.

If you haven't checked yet...I'm not sure if you added a metal idler gear or not. Check that. I had a problem with my stock plastic idler gear where the shaft that hooks to the slipper had a pin thru it...but for some reason the pin spun with the shaft so the gear didn't turn much. So the truck would barely go. the metal gears have the same pin...if it is broke, or isn't hooked up (lost) perhaps it isn't moving and then it won't move the transmission and it won't move.

Latest posts

Members online

Back