How fast is the ECX Roost?

No this is all stock at the moment. I got it for my daughter to learn with, no plans to modify it, if anything I'd buy her something bigger 1/10 or 1/12 as she develops her skills

What is the speed tracker you are using? Would be fun to test some of my RCs.

You could download an app like "MapMyRide" to your phone and use that to record speed.
Firstly my iPhone is about half the size of the roost and far too big to put in it. Secondly a replacement phone is $800. I already have this gps so have no need for map my ride
Bought the rc gps because it's so small and easy to fit in cars. No way I'd risk my phone in a car the whole point of them selling the rc gps is their ease of fitment and use. For filming high speed cars this is the safer solution to my mind. Map my ride may be fine in some cases for lower speed stuff but any high speed crash will result in serious phone damage. The rc gps comes with a load of rc specific features it really is a dedicated rc gps and not a bike gps as it's designed to work in boats planes quads and helicopters as well as cars. Everyone I lend it to has bought one

You could download an app like "MapMyRide" to your phone and use that to record speed.
If all you was interested in was sped, then yes there are a number of things you could use. Phone apps, small gps units, you could even buy a speed gun for under $100, but then that requires someone else to do the clocking for you while you drive the RC.

The Dynamite speed checker looks pretty neat someone wanting another tool in their toolbox.

That dynamite really is a nice tool. However, I can't get over the fact that for this price, you have a touch screen consumer gps with lifetime map upgrades nowadays. Or a last-generation smartphone with gps.

I know it's because mass production drives down the price on such widely used consumer items, but still.

Latest posts

Members online

Back