im a noobie

so im am completely new to the world of rc and i was going to buy a ECX AMP db. now i have a few question to ask that might be pretty stupid to you.

1. can i buy any rc car transmitter/ receiver combo and put it on any rc car?
2. what is a good cheap 12t motor i can put on an AMP?
3. is the AMP buggy and different from the AMP monster truck besides the body and wing?
4. is the AMP even a good beginners rc truck?

so im am completely new to the world of rc and i was going to buy a ECX AMP db. now i have a few question to ask that might be pretty stupid to you.

1. can i buy any rc car transmitter/ receiver combo and put it on any rc car?
2. what is a good cheap 12t motor i can put on an AMP?
3. is the AMP buggy and different from the AMP monster truck besides the body and wing?
4. is the AMP even a good beginners rc truck?

1. No. Especially in the AMP because it comes with an all-in-one receiver/esc combo. Most people pick a radio they like and put receivers of the same brand in all their cars. I like flysky stuff, they are cheap and have lots of features.

2. Titan 12t is decent and should be available anywhere for like 15 bucks.

3. I think that's it.

4. YES. My kids each have one for over a year now, and have recently upgraded to brushless. They have taken some serious abuse and rarely have a problem. They set up jumps and I can't keep them from abusing these things but they are fairly solid. Maybe if you are planning on upgrading right away go with the Torment.

1. You can but you need to also put in a separate esc like mentioned above. Which would help with #2.

2. A 12t motor will smoke the stock rec/esc combo. Need to upgrade that first. I believe stock it can handle a 15t.

3. Mechanically all the same. Body and mounts, front wheels and tires are different.

4. We have 2 Amp MT's and love them. Great way to get into the hobby. Spend your money on extra batteries and a real charger. Without those any other upgrades are pointless.

1. You can but you need to also put in a separate ESC like mentioned above. Which would help with #2.

2. A 12t motor will smoke the stock rec/ESC combo. Need to upgrade that first. I believe stock it can handle a 15t.

3. Mechanically all the same. Body and mounts, front wheels and tires are different.

4. We have 2 Amp MT's and love them. Great way to get into the hobby. Spend your money on extra batteries and a real charger. Without those any other upgrades are pointless.

ok thnaks what are some good chargers and batteries i can get

I'm using a Venom ac sport charger right now that sells for about $35. I like it very well. I also have 3 Venom NiMH batteries that I also like. This charger can also do LiPo batteries.

Many people will tell you LiPo batteries are a great upgrade and rightfully so. If you want to run them in a stock Amp you'll need a low voltage alarm so you don't run them too low and wreck them. I've also heard the stock rc/esc doesn't have a long life span using them.

Lots to consider before you start spending all your hard earned cash.

Latest posts

Members online

Back