Looking for more speed on AMP MT

remotekid0

Hi,

I have currently got a Amp Mt with a radient reacktor 3500kv 35a brushless system. Im am looking for more speed as it is currently doing 15mph. I am running the stock pinion gear, so i am thinking of going up to 23t. How much faster do you reckon it will make it? Also i am thinking about going to LiPo but I read somthing about the amp rating on the ESC and i looked around and 35a seems to be quite low, will this limit the size of the LiPo i can use. Also any other ways of increasing speed would be greatly welcomed.

Cheers

Go buy an Associated 72t spur (48 pitch) #9649 and 28t and 30t pinions. That will give you a good increase in speed. You should definitely be doing better than 15MPH! If you want to be able to experiment with gearing a bit more, pick up the 75t spur (Associated #9650) and a 26t pinion. You might want to get a set of pinions: 26-28-30-32 for tuning options.
If you got a 69t spr (#9648), you'd have to install a 34t or larger pinion to achieve proper mesh but then the pinion's teeth would start to rub on the motor mounting screws.

See my post >here< about modifying AE spurs to fit ECX 2WD cars. It's SUPER EASY!

You also need to switch to a LiPo battery. It will be able to provide more "punch" than the NiMh pack. Get a LiPo battery with a "C" rating of 20C to 40C and you'll be in good shape. Dynamite, Venom, CommonSense, ad nauseum... pretty much any brand of battery (with a capacity around 4000mAh-5000mAh) in the neighborhood of US$40 will be good.

Thanks for the ideas mate. I'll be getting a 72t spur and 26t 28t 30t pinions then. On the LiPo front that will have to wait as it's probably going to cost around £70 for battery and charger, £70's a lot on £10 a week.

Anyway cheers for the info mate

@i_r_beej
Go buy an Associated 72t spur (48 pitch) #9649 and 28t and 30t pinions. That will give you a good increase in speed. You should definitely be doing better than 15MPH! If you want to be able to experiment with gearing a bit more, pick up the 75t spur (Associated #9650) and a 26t pinion. You might want to get a set of pinions: 26-28-30-32 for tuning options.
If you got a 69t spr (#9648), you'd have to install a 34t or larger pinion to achieve proper mesh but then the pinion's teeth would start to rub on the motor mounting screws.

See my post >here< about modifying AE spurs to fit ECX 2WD cars. It's SUPER EASY!

You also need to switch to a LiPo battery. It will be able to provide more "punch" than the NiMH pack. Get a LiPo battery with a "C" rating of 20C to 40C and you'll be in good shape. Dynamite, Venom, CommonSense, ad nauseum... pretty much any brand of battery (with a capacity around 4000mAh-5000mAh) in the neighborhood of US$40 will be good.

I am going to grab one of the 72t spur gears but can i use the ecx slipper pads and plates or do i have to buy the whole associated setup

cheers

You also need to switch to a LiPo battery. It will be able to provide more "punch" than the NiMH pack. Get a LiPo battery with a "C" rating of 20C to 40C and you'll be in good shape. Dynamite, Venom, CommonSense, ad nauseum... pretty much any brand of battery (with a capacity around 4000mAh-5000mAh) in the neighborhood of US$40 will be good.

For the TA spur gear, do i need need slipper pads and plates or can i run the standard ECX ones. Also with do the associated slipper plates need modifying or do they fit straight on.

Yes, you'll need the Associated slipper pads to go with the Associated spur, the ECX pads won't fit. You can see the part number in the post I linked to. (Associated part #9603)

The Associated spur and slipper pads assemble just like the ECX components. You can use the metal slipper discs from your ECX car. Reassemble just like normal (after you've drilled out the Associated spur.)

Yes, you'll need the Associated slipper pads to go with the Associated spur, the ECX pads won't fit. You can see the part number in the post I linked to. (Associated part #9603)

The Associated spur and slipper pads assemble just like the ECX components. You can use the metal slipper discs from your ECX car. Reassemble just like normal (after you've drilled out the Associated spur.)

Right cheers for info mate. You've really helped me get into this hobby and the stuff you post is really informative and useful. Please keep up the good content.

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Back