Motor recommendations for my Temper

Theta671

Been looking for a good motor. To replace the stock one. Any one know of a good motor.

@Theta671 are you wanting brushed or brushless? Is this for the 1/18th or 1/22nd scale Temper?

The more information you can provide us the better response you will likely receive. ;)

Finally got the Dromida motor.better than I thought it would be! Faster and powerful!
Really happy with it!

Attachments

• 20190103_110012.jpg
    20190103_110012.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 23
Finally got the Dromida motor.better than I thought it would be! Faster and powerful!
Really happy with it!

For what its worth, I’ve burned up 2 dromida motors and 2 Traxxas latrax motors, they all lasted maybe 30 minutes, one burned up within 10. I’ve been running a Losi motor for well over a year now, but they’re really hard to find, a buddy gave me it (LOSB1218). Team Brood makes two really nice mini motors and they’re rebuildable, I have been meaning to try one. I’d highly recommend these as I have asked Eddy about them. Edit: Forgot I burned up a Helion motor too. Running around higher speed might not be an issue but I only low speed rock crawl, when the truck gets “bound” up in the rocks it’s probably harder on the motor.

http://www.teambrood.com/mini-motors

Last edited:
Dromida has a newer model that replaced the m370, it's a m371 maybe had problems with older model? I've ran mine around a hour and a half so far and really like it, I'm using a traxxas xl 2.5 and a 2s lipo.

Very well could be the case. This was almost 2 years ago when I was trying new motors since I had burned up the stock. I also have only ran 2s lipo with a HW Quicrun speedo. Like I said though, I put my rig through the ringer. If its in a bind, I get it out. Eddy at Team Brood did tell me that the 1.9 mini rigs are hard on motors. Its not uncommon for the comp guys to burn them up from what I’ve gathered, hence the brushed motors that can be rebuilt.

here is a video my son just shot for me with the motor from LaTrax . Still need to do some work on suspension and maybe widen the track a bit...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back