Need an new servo for Ruckus

KyleRC

My jx servo just craped out on me today and I'm looking for a new servo. I just want something that will last more than a month. Less than $30, reasonably quick, dual bearings and if possible metal gears. It is going in my ruckus so it needs to be strong.

I was wondering if there is anything that is brushless or coreless. Brushed servos are nothing but trouble unless theres good ones.

Your asking alot for how much you want to spend.
In both of my amps I put in
- Savox 1258tg servo
Very quick, very strong, titanium gears I believe.. can't remember.
Definitly more expensive (60ish) I think.
But worth it.

hey music411,
i also have ruckus in need of servo, and i was looking at the savox1258
do you run bec's with those? if so, which one do you use?

The savox 1258tg is an epic servo. Its a 25 tooth so just be sure to get the right aluminum horn.
I have 2 of them in both amps.
- 1 I run with a castle sidewinder v3 esc/3800kv 4 pole motor with a spektrum 4210 reciever that runs avc. With a 5000mah 50c batt.
- The other use is with a Skyrc Cheetah 8.5 turn motor/esc, also with the 4210AVC reciever. Again 5000mah 50c batt.

The castle itself is a power hungry unit probably because of the 4 pole motor, and the skyrc unit I also run pretty hard. Both units also with the AVC running definitly uses alot of juice.
But I havnt had to run any bec's or capacators for additional power. Neither servo had glitched or trembled on me once.

i see
i'm still running stock brushless setup
tazer 45A esc, 3300kv and it came with the spektrum4201 receiver
probably wait to upgrade motor esc if when i burn it up :)
or when i get some extra cash
thanks for the info

Well the castle I know is a pretty high amp esc, possibly 80..90 amps ? And I know the skyrc is a 60 amp. So with the 45 amp you might just want to get a glitch buster to be safe.
I also realize I'm using decently high c rating batts at 50c... not ridiculously high but not low either.. so that also might be helping me.

But either way the 1258 is the way to go.
It's high on the price side but solid and won't blow out anytime soon. Reputable brand.
You will have to get used to feathering your steering as now if I'm on a high traction surface and overdo it I just spin right around with how responsive and strong it is.

hey @Music411,
maybe you can give me some input...
i tried installing a hitec 7985 in my ruckus few weeks ago
it worked, but it seemed to not center, would "stick" left or right, which ever way i had just turned, but i know the servo was just fine
(currently running 7 cell nimh)
maybe just not getting the constant power it needed? it's draw at stall is 3A
would simply upgrading to a lipo help my issue?
or would i need a lipo And/or an external bec?

Does the Savox 0231mg fit in the Ruckus? I heard someone say on YouTube that it was too tall and he had to use a low profile version (Savox 1251mg) which is about double the price. Thoughts?

I used the Eco Power WP110T Servo, and I added the RPM Servo Saver Eliminator kit. I’m told that even though this sever is advertised as metal gear, there is one plastic still in it. I haven’t had any issues with it yet and in fact, it turns on a dime now. The only issue I still have is the tires not gripping.

I haven’t added the aluminum Servo arm yet but will at some point. It came with a plastic one and I’m using it for now. Huge upgrade though for not much cash.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back