New to rc, Ruckus $188 shipped to door

swilks84

Hey, new to forum, new to sport. Just got my 9 year old son an amp mt for $107 shipped to door, and i tried out for the first time, and I was officially hooked on these things. So, I found a ruckus, and just got it for $188 shipped to house. I can't wait, its the brushless 2wd nimh model. Just wondering how killer of a deal this was, if $289 is normal internet price from what i can tell, i think i got a good deal, correct me if I'm wrong, or feel free to add any comments on my new purchases. (haven't gotten ruckus yet, ships tommorow) thx all

Enjoy!! Wait till you discover LiPo!!!! Good deal. But trust me, your not done paying!!!!

You're right about that..Even when you think you've bulletproofed them with metal suspension components and gear sets. I've gone through 2 metal gear sets on my daughters Rukus. Must be the steel used is not that great. A lot of fun though...in between repairs. I bought Rukus monster trucks last Christmas and have at least $500. in each of them.

You're right about that..Even when you think you've bulletproofed them with metal suspension components and gear sets. I've gone through 2 metal gear sets on my daughters Rukus. Must be the steel used is not that great. A lot of fun though...in between repairs. I bought Rukus monster trucks last Christmas and have at least $500. in each of them.
I've already gotten a faster charger, 12 hours wasn't going to cut it. I was going to get alum shocks until I was told they don't come filled all the way up from the factory, did that and now handling is better, less body roll. I'm going to be getting look for sure at some point, and it sounds like I'll need a wheelie bar, as I've heard it's hard to keep front wheels on the ground with these. Also heard metal drive shafts are a must once lipo with brushless

I had ruckus out couple times now track was wet today, but on road I had it 37.7mph on gps, bone stock. I'm not sure how to post pics

Attachments

• 20170805_195013.jpg
    20170805_195013.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170805-191329.png
    Screenshot_20170805-191329.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 8
I had ruckus out couple times now track was wet today, but on road I had it 37.7mph on gps, bone stock. I'm not sure how to post pics

Your pictures post fine...I can't believe bone stock 37mph. I've Rukus LiPo with 20T pinion and Tazer Twin combo and I don't think its that fast. I will strap car gps to it tomorrow and see. With 5000 LiPo batteries, they do wheel stands for 30 ft. or until they flip. Very fun! We have a parking lot with pavement that's a little rough (lumpy) and the traction is awesome which makes the wheel stands great. On the road pavement that is smooth, They will spin the tires instead but you can still get a decent wheel stand every now and then.

Your pictures post fine...I can't believe bone stock 37mph. I've Rukus LiPo with 20T pinion and Tazer Twin combo and I don't think its that fast. I will strap car gps to it tomorrow and see. With 5000 LiPo batteries, they do wheel stands for 30 ft. or until they flip. Very fun! We have a parking lot with pavement that's a little rough (lumpy) and the traction is awesome which makes the wheel stands great. On the road pavement that is smooth, They will spin the tires instead but you can still get a decent wheel stand every now and then.
I was very surprised at the speed, it does come with 7 cell 2400, instead of 6 cell, that may have something to do with it, but yes I figured 31-32 at best. I can get to wheelie in grass sometimes, especially coming up a hill, but pavement it just spins wheels constantly. It has a LOT of understeer on dirt track, or even pavement, just doesn't like to turn when hard in the throttle, or it catches and spins out rear end if you let up then get back in it. Just seems a bit sloppy compared to amp mt. Amp is easy to control, although 15mph slower.

I upgraded my steering servo to a more powerful one and that helped eliminated the under steer that I had. Twice the torque of stock, at a stand still tires barely turned with stock servo, new one has 100 % travel at stand still

I read the specs on yours and they are using Tazer 3300kv motors now on their brushless units. Along with metal gear sets. My LiPo Rukuses came with dinky motors and had issues with ESC,s and had a recall. After going through a big issue with the replacement ESC's, HH decided to put Tazer Twin Motor/ESC 3000kv on them. No metal gears sets though. We quickly found out they are a must. We went from 18t to 20t pinion and seem to work well.We also had to upgrade to metal spur gears. The price you paid along with those standard equipped items are a great deal.

I read the specs on yours and they are using Tazer 3300kv motors now on their brushless units. Along with metal gear sets. My LiPo Rukuses came with dinky motors and had issues with ESC,s and had a recall. After going through a big issue with the replacement ESC's, HH decided to put Tazer Twin Motor/ESC 3000kv on them. No metal gears sets though. We quickly found out they are a must. We went from 18t to 20t pinion and seem to work well.We also had to upgrade to metal spur gears. The price you paid along with those standard equipped items are a great deal.

Horizon Hobby is selling them for over $300. ECX03014 You got a hell of a deal. Considering its brushless and has the metal gears. I guess it came with metal spur gear as well? 87 tooth? Next you need steel axles from Hot Racing....Have Fun!

I upgraded my steering servo to a more powerful one and that helped eliminated the under steer that I had. Twice the torque of stock, at a stand still tires barely turned with stock servo, new one has 100 % travel at stand still

What servo did you go with? Ours are getting pretty worn out..

what servo did you go with?

Horizon Hobby is selling them for over $300. ECX03014 You got a hell of a deal. Considering its brushless and has the metal gears. I guess it came with metal spur gear as well? 87 tooth? Next you need steel axles from Hot Racing....Have Fun!
I'm certain I'll want some steel axles soon, hopefully the plastics lasts till I go lipo, but right now I'm not liking the steering servo at all, just won't turn well unless I back way off throttle. Never changed a servo before, and I don't know what's compatible and not compatible

I'm certain I'll want some steel axles soon, hopefully the plastics lasts till I go LiPo, but right now I'm not liking the steering servo at all, just won't turn well unless I back way off throttle. Never changed a servo before, and I don't know what's compatible and not compatible

There should be something on this site to help you..read,read,read...

hey guys, i was running wide open when hit the brakes while turning, and spun the axle pin around the inside of the hex nut on end of driveshaft that goes inside of wheel. Does the hot racing driveshaft kit have these in it? if it does, i might as well get kit with the axles included for $43 instead of buying just the hex nuts for ~$16, correct? (since I'll need these in future anyhow?)

these are what i spun:
upload_2017-8-6_19-52-44.png

are these blue hexes below the replacement for the ones above? or are these different part?
upload_2017-8-6_19-54-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-6_19-51-15.png
    upload_2017-8-6_19-51-15.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 1
hey guys, i was running wide open when hit the brakes while turning, and spun the axle pin around the inside of the hex nut on end of driveshaft that goes inside of wheel. Does the hot racing driveshaft kit have these in it? if it does, i might as well get kit with the axles included for $43 instead of buying just the hex nuts for ~$16, correct? (since I'll need these in future anyhow?)

these are what i spun:
View attachment 2381

are these blue hexes below the replacement for the ones above? or are these different part?
View attachment 2382

Your rear wheel can come loose and cause that. The blue ones are the hex shaped pcs. that you just trashed. Sounds like you better get the whole axle kit in which they are included. The blue ones don't have pins but instead have 2 allen screws that lock against flat surfaces on the new axle stubs. Use loctite on them and the wheel nut.

Latest posts

Members online

Back