Newly purchased ruckus, need help w batteries for longer run time

- there should be slits in the body where you can loop a velcro strap through to hold down the battery
- I rarely ever charge at more than 1C, unless you are charging in the field this is plenty fast, and considered best practice by many
- when you are going to store the battery for more than a few days, it is best to have about half a charge in it. It is chemically more stable when half charged so will last you longer, and there is no risk of cells going under the safe voltage from slow self-discharge

Your charger should have a 'storage' mode for the LiPo battery. It should be around 3.84v/cell, so it's should be around 7.7v for your 2S.

i've recently bought at ECX Torment and i've got the stock battery that is speedpack 900 mAh 7.2v and it says charge for 9 hours and only last 20-25 minutes and then it dies on me what should i do?

i've recently bought at ECX Torment and i've got the stock battery that is speedpack 900 mAh 7.2v and it says charge for 9 hours and only last 20-25 minutes and then it dies on me what should i do?

I'm guessing that is normal run time. If you want greater run time, buy a lipo battery with higher capacity. And if you want it to charge quicker, buy a better charger. The stock chargers are very slow and basic.

I'm guessing that is normal run time. If you want greater run time, buy a LiPo battery with higher capacity. And if you want it to charge quicker, buy a better charger. The stock chargers are very slow and basic.
thank you for your help

If you don't want to get into the LiPo's, higher mAh NiMh. But I got the LiPo and there is definitely more acceleration (first time I throttled it, it backflipped) and a little more speed. I doubled the mAh with the LiPo I got and I now get a lot more drive time. But read up on LiPo batteries and watch some YouTube videos before you go out and get one because they are a different animal.

If you want to stick with NIMH batteries, I would recommend the Venom brand. I have a Venom 6 cell 4200 mah and it works great. I can usually get up to 30 minutes or more on it before it runs out, and the battery itself lasts a really long time (I've had mine for almost 2 years).
How do you mount it in a 1/18 ruckus?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back