Picked up a used 4x4 brushless ECX Ruckus

topher33

Whole new bird to me. Kind of why I got it and was real curious to use the avc feature. I like it. It has a a lot of pros and some cons. Getting to tube this thing is not going to be easy as they don't make things cut and dry. The slipper clutch, buried under 20 screws!!! And the motor mesh thing is interesting to me too. Anyone have some input on what can save me some time. I'm into running it on lipo. So curious on how everyone's experience is. I kind of think it's a dog for speed even on look because it's 4x4. Or am I missing something? No literature from ecx either to help out. Not much on web either. Did I buy a lemon!!!!

I have a lipo one its good for bashing. I had to get a spacer to get the pinon gear to work and mesh right. Its running on a 2s lipo 5000mah with a castle set up

Have t really don't much for running, except for a couple laps to see how it runs. Stripped it down basically and ordered a bunch of new upgrades. Like the torque, but not happy about too end speed. Going to try and find a mod 1 pinion gear set to see if I can up the top end. Other wise this my get jacked up to be a crawler... not as impressed as I thought I might be. But I will be when I drop another couple hundred in it!!!

Ive converted my bl ruckus to a torment bl 4x4. Helps lots of issues. Gunna up the pinion by 2 teeth to compensate for smaller torment wheels. Im happy with the speed. Broke a cv joint so converted it to 2wd and its awsome steering is better and the avc works great .
Savox 15kg servo is my next upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back