Rpm bell crank-has anyone installed this?

@mrc I posted a quick review over in the Boost forum. I purchased a metal-geared steering servo and installed the stock plastic servo horn. My thought is that the softer plastic servo horn will yield well before the metal gear train of the servo.

In fact, I ran my car at the local track with the RPM bellcrank connected to the stock (plastic geared) servo and only once encountered a problem. After a crash into a wall, the servo horn actually slipped on the servo output spline with no damage to the servo itself. I would suggest you upgrade to the Turnigy 1258TG servo: It's about US$32.00 from HobbyKing.com.

That said, if you DO wish to run a servo saver, you could go with RPM's suggestion of the Kimbrough servo saver. I think you'd want the "small" version to help avoid any clearance issues and having to cut away parts of the chassis. I'd suggest you visit a local hobby shop to check dimensions in person.

Sweet!! I got the bell crank today with the ball bearings to replace th bushings. I had already ordered the mg996r servo

I know I will, I just wish in my drunken state I hadn't of left the lipo plugged in and dropped a cell below 3. Trying to revive now

Have it all installed and the cheap servo ruins it. Lol won't always find center.

What about when the servo isn't connected to anything? Just a servo horn installed? Does it center then?

If so, double check all the bellcrank screws to make sure they're not too tight. Also check other components in the steering to make sure nothing is binding.

Wow, $10? That IS cheap. :) Well, try disconnecting the servo from the steering, leaving the servo horn/servo saver in place, and use your radio to actuate the servo. Does it center after turning full right and left?

Yes, for the most part it seems to center with full turn. It's just the tiny turns that throw it off

Ugh. Well, that does sound like it's the servo's fault. Despite HobbyKing's claims that the servo is "precise."

Well, $10 for a metal-geared servo isn't bad. Depending on the amount the servo is off maybe it'll do for bashing but not racing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back