Sloop in the steering

To be honest, not much. As I always say, I only bash my RC's and don't really care too much about handling, less talking about a MT like the Ruckus. Don't make me wrong, I care about handling, but referring mainly to my on road cars.

No McMaster Carr here in the old Spain, Europe :D
The bolt is M3, maybe 45 or 50 mm long, I'm now on lunchtime at work and don't have the Ruckus here to measure. The sleeves are from Yokomo, can't tell you model or part number. I'll measure them for you as soon as I arrive home.
There are several RCs that use sleeves like these in the steering system or in the steering hubs. HPI, Yokomo, TeamC, HSP amongst them, can't tell you models, that's all I remember right now.

Last edited:
Well, another lunch break, another post.
@slick2500:
Sorry for the lack of measurements about the bolt. This is my "on duty/call/guard" week, don't know if that words are right. I've to attend the breakdowns/faults of our clients/customers off the clock. Wintertime, boilers/heating/gas... Lots of work.You'll have it ASAP.

No McMaster Carr here in the old Spain, Europe :D
The bolt is M3, maybe 45 or 50 mm long, I'm now on lunchtime at work and don't have the Ruckus here to measure. The sleeves are from Yokomo, can't tell you model or part number. I'll measure them for you as soon as I arrive home.
There are several RCs that use sleeves like these in the steering system or in the steering hubs. HPI, Yokomo, TeamC, HSP amongst them, can't tell you models, that's all I remember right now.
I'm guessing these bushings? https://teamyokomo.com/parts/BD-414C/

Last edited:
I'm not sure my friend, my buddy has soooo many Yokomo cars that I can't really tell you the right part number. Sure it's a 1/10 touring car. I'll try to see him soon (if the work allows it...)and we'll see if he remembers, LOL

I'm not sure my friend, my buddy has soooo many Yokomo cars that I can't really tell you the right part number. Sure it's a 1/10 touring car. I'll try to see him soon (if the work allows it...)and we'll see if he remembers, LOL

Aunion, awesome job with this, thanks for the info! Is the bushing just to take up the extra slack on the bottom of the screw? Also, I tried a 3mm screw, but the threads catch on the rear bearing carriers. Did you just leave it like this or did you drill out the hole in the rear bear carriers so the screw would rotate smoothly through it? Thanks again.

This doesn’t relate to anything you guys are talking about right now;
On my servo saver I wrapped a heavy spring from bicycle break levers from junk bikes. The servo saver still works a little so you might be able to get away with plastic Servo but never tried it. I raced with it for a long time until I got annoyed with my truck traction rolling and breaking body mounts.
—it needs a practice day:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back