Steering servo for a 4x4

Batone76

Anyone out there have a recommendation for a better steering servo for a ECX Torment 4x4.

20 to 30 i dont race professionally just for fun and i do just a lot if bashing looking something that doesn't lag so much

The lag is caused by the BEC (battery eliminator circuit) voltage and amperage... I think it's 5v @ 2a with the factory ESC that comes with the Torment. A good brushless esc will output 6v @ 3a to the servo resulting in much faster transfer speeds.

The lag is caused by the BEC (battery eliminator circuit) voltage and amperage... I think it's 5v @ 2a with the factory ESC that comes with the Torment. A good brushless ESC will output 6v @ 3a to the servo resulting in much faster transfer speeds.
I just put in a castle brushless system 3800 kv motor in it . i know 4x4 handles different than my brushless 2wd . i was looking for something i guess would help turn more sharp when it comes to cornering

If I jack the wheel at speed with my 4x4 I can make it tumble. I don't know how much faster you want it to turn.

If I jack the wheel at speed with my 4x4 I can make it tumble. I don't know how much faster you want it to turn.
I guess im just use to my 2wd and how it turns tighter corners instead of the 4wd which makes wider turns when it comes to a corner if that makes any sense !

I guess im just use to my 2wd and how it turns tighter corners instead of the 4wd which makes wider turns when it comes to a corner if that makes any sense !
Sure does. The issue is the angle of the wheels. I am sure if you compare there is a steeper angle when the 2wd cuts a turn vs 4wd.

An option with the 4wd is learn to tap the brakes and try to get the rear loose to have it turn harder.

Sure does. The issue is the angle of the wheels. I am sure if you compare there is a steeper angle when the 2wd cuts a turn vs 4wd.

An option with the 4wd is learn to tap the brakes and try to get the rear loose to have it turn harder.
that usually works but i was curious to know if anyone tried a different servo other than the stock one

Like I said I can make it flip over if I cut the wheel hard at full speed (without the brake turn). So increasing turning speed or angle will only pronounce that issue more. But then again I am on a stock brushless ruckus with 2s 30c lipo. I am not sure which setup you have in your 4wd torment.

Like I said I can make it flip over if I cut the wheel hard at full speed. So increasing turning speed or angle will only pronounce that issue more. But then again I am on a stock brushless ruckus with 2s 30c LiPo. I am not sure which setup you have in your 4wd torment.
Just put in a 3800kv castle creations set up
im trying to get the spur gear set up too tight or ton loose . gonna run 2s lipo battery 4000mah

Put a piece of paper between the gears. That will give you the spacing needed. Don't go nuts squeezing the living crap out of it, just push them together with the paper in there. Tighten the screws that hold the motor in place and remove the paper.

Just put in a 3800kv castle creations set up
im trying to get the spur gear set up too tight or ton loose .
Like I said I can make it flip over if I cut the wheel hard at full speed (without the brake turn). So increasing turning speed or angle will only pronounce that issue more. But then again I am on a stock brushless ruckus with 2s 30c LiPo. I am not sure which setup you have in your 4wd torment.
Put a piece of paper between the gears. That will give you the spacing needed. Don't go nuts squeezing the living crap out of it, just push them together with the paper in there. Tighten the screws that hold the motor in place and remove the paper.
Oops i meant the slipper clutch adjustment

If you have never taken it off and it feels tight, don't mess with it.

Sorry, .5 to 1 full turn off. Righty tighty.
Sounds good gonna try it tommorow i had to take it off and and change to a mod 1 spur gear so ive been tinkering with all the gear and spurs . i got it dirt cheap so ive been doing some upgrades and stuff

Sounds good gonna try it tommorow i had to take it off and and change to a mod 1 spur gear so ive been tinkering with all the gear and spurs . i got it dirt cheap so ive been doing some upgrades and stuff
Start with one full turn off. If that is too much still go in 1/4 turn increments.

Latest posts

Members online

Back