Stock body clear windows

Austxhorn

So I tried looking around for a way to strip the paint off the windows from my stock boost/amp body. And the only thing that kept coming up is to use dot 4 brake fluid to strip the paint off. For some reason this didn't work for me. I ended up just getting some fine sandpaper(water and soap) and stripping off the paint then using a clear coat to backfill. Its not clear , but still looks pretty good to me. Getting ready to do the Amp the same way but has anyone tried anything else ?

Attachments

• 20160223_145428.jpg
    20160223_145428.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20160223_145410.jpg
    20160223_145410.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 77
Didn't go so well with the Amp, over did the clear coat, but still like it over the sticker windows

Attachments

• 20160224_163508.jpg
    20160224_163508.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20160224_163502.jpg
    20160224_163502.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 83
(...) use dot 4 brake fluid to strip the paint off. For some reason this didn't work for me. I ended up just getting some fine sandpaper(water and soap) and stripping off the paint then using a clear coat to backfill. Its not clear , but still looks pretty good to me. Getting ready to do the Amp the same way but has anyone tried anything else ?

It looks great! I remember reading that it was DOT 3 fluid for stripping paint, I have no idea if it makes a difference but I spotted that on a Crawler forum. Stock paint might also be a little different (tougher?)

I kinda like the matte windows, it's not like the inside of an rc is so pretty anyway. You'd have to fab a proper interior out of cardboard or something to make that worth it, and it would get murdered on roof landings.

So I tried looking around for a way to strip the paint off the windows from my stock boost/amp body. And the only thing that kept coming up is to use dot 4 brake fluid to strip the paint off. For some reason this didn't work for me. I ended up just getting some fine sandpaper(water and soap) and stripping off the paint then using a clear coat to backfill. Its not clear , but still looks pretty good to me. Getting ready to do the Amp the same way but has anyone tried anything else ?

Those are cool leds! Where'd you find them?

Cut the windows out. The body will become super floppy. Use a pure leaf iced tea bottle or something like that that is clear mostly flat durable plastic to make new clear windows slightly bigger than the openings. Glue them in with e6000. The body gets rigid again. I did it on my old original amp body. Came out fantastic. I even ended up tinting the windows with tint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back