TEAM STAB RC Amp Build

What's up Amp fans,

I made over our Amp MT kit as a tribute to the RC that got me into the RC hobby back in 1986, the Tamiya Falcon.
IMG_5394.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5397.JPG
    IMG_5397.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5398.JPG
    IMG_5398.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5400.JPG
    IMG_5400.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5401.JPG
    IMG_5401.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5402.JPG
    IMG_5402.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5403.JPG
    IMG_5403.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 10
  • falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 10
Measure the Amp shocks, you may be able to get Tamiya CVA's in yellow that are the right size.

Update:

Just FYI, I atempted to install the Tekno RC steel driveshafts for the 2WD Slash on the Amp. Unfortunately, they don't fit. The end of the driveshaft sits up against the output shaft, making the suspension unable to move up and down.

The stock driveshafts are still holding up to brushles (3300kv), and I have Slash spares, but I wonder what the best upgrade for the driveshafts is.

-MP

There's a thread or two on that subject. The hot racing( part #sect288x06) seem to be the best option. I too still have the stock ones and are holding up well on brushless, and I beat it hard. Soon I'm sure they'll give. If you find something better then those let us know

Remove the cups and springs from the shocks then slide a piece of yellow heat shrink onto the body. It won’t cover the cap but the body will be yellow. It should be thin enough to not cause any spring binding, too.

Waiting on a replacement TBR bumper since we killed the red one when the receiver stopped responding to the radio. The new one will be black.

Attachments

• IMG_5553.JPG
    IMG_5553.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for stopping by y8s. It was my 1st RC too. This Amp is a much better runner, but the Falcon will always be special. If they RERE it, I will grab one up for sure.

My other RC as a kid was a Midnight Pumpkin. I built our ECX Barrage kit to run the metallic edition Pumpkin body. We love it!

Check it out here

Update:

Wheels and tires, take 2. The last order never made it to me, got lost in the mail I guess. I decided to stay with the Proline Velocity 2.2 rear buggy wheels and Dirt Hawg tires on the rear, but I changed my mind about the fronts. Instead, I'll run Proline Velocity 2.2 front buggy wheels and 4 Rib tires for that skinny 2wd buggy look. I'll post pics when (if) the wheels arrive.

Thanks for stopping by,
MP

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (1).png
    unnamed (1).png
    151.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.