Temper Gen 2....teaser/review

Just thought I'd share some info on my gen 1 incase its useful. I got one of the $100 barrage doomday's a while back. I used the Barrage transmission, driveshafts, axles, and links. Running my Losi 1/18 crawler motor on the barrage transmission. The barrage trans drops right into the stock gen 1 temper skid plate/chassis, just took a little grinding of the barrage motor mount edge to fit between the chassis plates. Works awesome. My wheel base is at 10.5"

How's it drive like that? I imagine less tendency to flip backwards on the steep stuff

How's it drive like that? I imagine less tendency to flip backwards on the steep stuff

Its a completely different truck now, handles great, I just need to play around with shock oil. Doesn't help when its so cold here in WI, shock oil gets thick, even though my indoor course is in a heated shed. I went to a 4 link setup a year ago and I thought that was a game changer, but this barrage running gear is the cats-ass.

Have you picked out a servo for it yet? Just saw your newest vid with the pit bulls. They are massive, probably just as big as some 2.2s. Did you gear it down for the new tires?

Have you picked out a servo for it yet? Just saw your newest vid with the pit bulls. They are massive, probably just as big as some 2.2s. Did you gear it down for the new tires?

I am still running stock gearing. I will be digging into front and rear diffs, seeing what's in there and such. Also going to look at center tranny setup.
Yeah, the Pitbulls overall tire size is 4.75.....I will be venting them here soon.

I have not committed to a servo YET. I have an idea, and this will be the very last purchase I make. Along with suspension.

I have my other electronics, just waiting on my receiver.

IMG_20190401_212200167.jpg

I just finished my build!

Installed NEW;

Onyx 40amp brushed crawler ESC
2S lipo
Radiolink RC4GS radio and receiver
Light kit
Brass hexes

Still running the stock servo.... Soon to be gone. Not strong enough to move the upgraded wheels anymore.

I will have my build video, and running video after this weekend uploaded to my You Tube channel.

Enjoy the pic!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back