Waterproofing ECX AMP MT receiver?

remotekid0

Hi, i'm new to RC and got an Amp Mt for Christmas. I have recently upgraded to a Radient Reaktor 3500kv brushless system and an Etronix Pulse Rx/Tx. While reading the Radient instructions it said not to run in the wet as it is likely that my receiver is not waterproof. I have checked the receiver box and i mentions nothing about the waterproof capability of the Rx. I was wondering what I could do to waterproof the Rx as I run my Amp on grass a lot which is usually wet due it being England. I have looked at Rx boxes but I am not sure on what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
remotekid0

@remotekid0 there are several ways you can go about waterproofing a receiver. If you don't mind taking apart the receiver than I'd suggest checking out one of the following:
If you don't want to take apart the receiver then you could also use plasti dip and dip the entire receiver into it. Make sure of course you already have the battery, servo, etc plugged into the receiver before dipping.

Finally you could use the cheap way and simply wrap a balloon over the receiver. It won't be water tight but if all you're doing is running in wet condition and not submerging your AMP MT then you should be fine.

@remotekid0 Lol, I know that wet grass feeling being also in england!! I've not done anything with mine though will be putting a new receiver in at the weekend so may end up doing the balloon thing if needed when the weather...does what it always does during the 'summer' :)

Where in england are you? I'm down in Kent

You could try using a "waterproof" (nothing is really waterproof :D) receiver box. I know several brands such as HPI and Traxxas make them. Just gotta find one that fits.

Back in my nitro years. We just used to use balloons for all of our electronics. Then zip tie the end close. I've never had an issue with this way. But also never ran thru ponds n lakes. A few puddles and wet grass. Works just fine

@remotekid0 there are several ways you can go about waterproofing a receiver. If you don't mind taking apart the receiver than I'd suggest checking out one of the following:
If you don't want to take apart the receiver then you could also use plasti dip and dip the entire receiver into it. Make sure of course you already have the battery, servo, etc plugged into the receiver before dipping.

Finally you could use the cheap way and simply wrap a balloon over the receiver. It won't be water tight but if all you're doing is running in wet condition and not submerging your AMP MT then you should be fine.

Cheers. I think I will try the balloon method as I don't really want to take the receiver apart or coat it due to the expense. I'm only worried about water splashing up under the body shell so the balloon method should work fine.

@remotekid0 Lol, I know that wet grass feeling being also in england!! I've not done anything with mine though will be putting a new receiver in at the weekend so may end up doing the balloon thing if needed when the weather...does what it always does during the 'summer' :)

Where in england are you? I'm down in Kent

At this rate, 'summer' could end up being anything. I'm up in Staffordshire

Back in my nitro years. We just used to use balloons for all of our electronics. Then zip tie the end close. I've never had an issue with this way. But also never ran thru ponds n lakes. A few puddles and wet grass. Works just fine

Sounds like a good idea. I will let you know how I get on

Do the Traxxas waterproof receiver boxes work well? I’m gonna probably get one for my amp!

I stuck one in my Arrma Outcast and so far it is working better than the stock receiver box.
Okay, for some reason my reciever box got flooded with water, even with the grease on it. Very strange, I returned it, I will prob. Get conformal coating for the winter

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back