What did you buy today?

Axial Wraith Spawn for... $200!!!

LHS got one in for store demo. Employee's kid drove it and crashed it instantly, stripping servo horn and busting a non essential plastic part. LHS owner wanted a Yeti XL instead so he sold it to me for $200. I have a spare titanium servo laying around. I'll probably sell it to a buddy for my cost and get an Axial Bomber. :D

Just then;
1 x SpazStix Color Change Paint - Gold/Orange/Purple/Red Aerosol
1 x HPI 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X Clear Body (200mm)
1 x HPI Hummer H2 Body (Clear)
1 x ECX 12mm Wheel Hex Aluminium (4)
1 x JT MINI DRIFT YELLOW AE86 RTR W/CHARGER AND BATTERY

And from july 15th;
2x #NC5800.2S2P.30/25221 Turnigy nano-tech 5800mah 2S2P 30~60C Hardcase LiPo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)
1x #EC3x10/28837 EC3 Plugs (10pairs/set)
1x #258000019/46008 1/10 Scale Police Light Bar
1x #9052000138-4/95987 Accucell S60 AC Charger
2x #9070000005/46181 Turnigy Smart LED Car Lighting System
1x #LPGUARD18x22/32967 Lithium Polymer Charge Pack

Thankfully i made extra cash this week from tattoos, and also I havnt bought any alcohol in a few months (i know, what kind of Aussie am i?!!)
Be sure to post pics in the new Body Paint thread when you're done.

Axial Wraith Spawn for... $200!!!

LHS got one in for store demo. Employee's kid drove it and crashed it instantly, stripping servo horn and busting a non essential plastic part. LHS owner wanted a Yeti XL instead so he sold it to me for $200. I have a spare titanium servo laying around. I'll probably sell it to a buddy for my cost and get an Axial Bomber. :D

Nice! I just ordered an scx10 g6 falken for €330.

Last week I got all new suspension for my used TA SC10 I bought. Installed it and am happy with it now. It'll go straight as an arrow and do 40mph on pavement with a 26 tooth pinion. I put a 31 in there and will try it out tomorrow and see what it'll do now.

I snapped an axle shaft on my Bomber project yesterday. So I ordered up a set of Axial uni shafts for it. I did have a spare set of ar60s to put under it with unis already, but I got them used also and the rear had the wrong axle truss. Robbed the one off of the other axles and got the Bomber back on line. So I ordered a new truss just now, some cheap wheels, and another set of 6 bolt hub adaptors for the beadlock wheels. I've got another GMade R1 cage I'm going to try to get those axles under once they're back together. I also looked into a front open diff like for the Yeti to put into my Bomber to possibly not snap any more shafts. They're nearly a direct drop in so it should be a simple mod.

Just ordered a set of Hot Racing front spindle carriers for my ECX Boost. What I should have done a long time ago. But hey, this wouldn't be a hobby without all the crazy experiments with parts from other cars!

I've got several Losi Micro projects always in some form of repair/modification and they took a couple of boxes. Finally finished my 1/35 Orlandoo and it's got a box as a complete RTR. Spare scx10 bits in another. 1/36 Micro spares in one and 1/24 spares in another. I'm very happy with them. They stack well, are see through, have nearly vertical sides, and were cheap.

I saw some big totes at Academy last week. Only one had a seal ring in the lid, though. But they would easily store several complete 1/10s. If moisture is a concern you could use an old trick of a tube sock full of dry rice. IIRC, they were $30-40 each.

Got a used Acial ae-3 for my Wraith project. Massed some parts for it the last few weeks.

New chassis, new tranny, used body, wheels/tires, and the ESC. I've already got the axles, driveshafts, and electronics for brushed. Now with this BL ESC score I'll have more options.

I got the Wraith up and running. Now my attention has turned elsewheres. I want another scx10 so I waited for the weekend classifieds on my two best RC sites. Scooped up a few things the last couple of days and will have something on the go in a week.

-AE-5
-SCX10 axles
-Bomber shocks for my Bomber
-Spawn body for my Wraith
-Wraith (non Jeep) body panels to use as a template for something special

I missed an SRTC SWB scx chassis by asking to many questions via forum PM. Really wanted that for an FJ40 or Hilux.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back