12t Pinion gear

Austxhorn

Has anyone installed a 12t pinion gear, specifically on a Amp or Boost ? Ive slid the motor over as closest I can but it still ways away from the spur. Even a 15t pinion doesn't set right, barely catches. Are there different types 48p 3mm pinions ?

I have the same problem on the mini ruckus. The 12t pinion just barely fits. I have to take the motor out and hold it as far over in the mount as it goes while I tighten and it just makes a perfect mesh. I was going to dremel the slot a little if it didn't reach. I'm not familiar with how to adjust an amp or boost but could you modify it so it adjusts further?

Just got a brushless/esc combo and was going thru the pinions to see what would work best. The motor was hot after using the stock 18t, was just gonna work my way up from 12t. Its a 4300kv motor and im using nimh not lipo right now.

Do you have a temp gun? As long as it's not running over 180 should be fine. I'm running 3500 kv reaktor with lipo on tock 18 tooth. The way the reaktor motor sits in the can the 18 tooth is a bit small. I'm running warm but not hot so I'm gonna try a 20 (I have) and 22

No I dont have a temp gun, just going by touch. Smallest pinion that would fit was 15t, ill just have to start with that.
Haven't had a chance to take it out for drive yet.

Why are you so low on your pinion? If you don't mind me asking

Same here. Went brushless and bought 12/14/18t pinions. Started on the 12 and it was nice. Clocked it at 26mph with a heavy phone strapped to it dragging on a tire. I put the 14t on to try and it just did backflips or spun out if you didn't ease the throttle gently. Went back to the 12 and am quite happy with it.

Ended up switching to a 32p 58t spur to get a good mesh with pinions below 15t. Bought a 32p 12t & 14t pinion gears. Installed the 12t and fits nicely. Need to take it for a spin and see how it all works out.

Traxxas pinion gear
-Team Associated 91096 32P Spur Gear, 58T
-Team Associated 91170 Factory Team High Torque Slipper Pad

Members online

No members online now.
Back