Ball pivots for 1/10 4x4s

Jp1ruckus

Hey guys.
Has anyone experimented with ball pivots on stock camber/steering links to get rid of some play.
The plastic links are good its just the ball pivots that let them down.
Ive tryed a thick grease on the off chance that might tighten them up but its to messy and didn't do much. Stupid i know.
Got to try these things i guess.
Ball pivots are cheeper than traxxas adjustables and most people wont adjust them anyway ..
Thanks

Yep. I use a combination of Associated turnbuckles and RPM's heavy duty rod ends (ball cups). The ball cups will still stretch and wear and thus become a little loose over time. And each time you pop them off that shortens their usable life just a little more.

Hey guys. Found out a awsome trick. Use nitro fuel line instead of pivots. Cut a mm bigger each side of linkage and nudge it tight. Its worked wonders and it cost me £2 for a length. It also takes the shock out of impacts

Hey guys. Found out a awsome trick. Use nitro fuel line instead of pivots. Cut a mm bigger each side of linkage and nudge it tight. Its worked wonders and it cost me £2 for a length. It also takes the shock out of impacts
Can you upload a picture?

Just note that of you do this to your steering linkages then your stock servo will struggle as there is more friction.

Latest posts

Members online

Back