circuit 2wd

does anyone have warped motor mounts like im getting all the time with circuit? I have unequal gear mesh on my spur and pinion leading to spur stripping
Dude I'm telling you the spurs are warped not the housing. Pull the spur and lay it on a piece of glass bet you dollars to donuts it will rock.

Dude I'm telling you the spurs are warped not the housing. Pull the spur and lay it on a piece of glass bet you dollars to donuts it will rock.
THE spur plate goes on one angle and when my motor tightened in it goes on other angle causing mesh problems and strip. im fiddlesticking done with ecx junk.

I'm not saying you dont have an issue, and without the car in our hands so we can check things for ourselves, we are just basically guessing at this point.
No injection molded spur gear will be perfectly round or flat, as previously stated.
I have 5 ECX 2wd Torments, a Amp DB, and a mini ruckus, amongst the Team Associated, and plethera of Tamiya stuff, and I have never had a trans or motor plate that warped or even a new one warped, and in 3 of the Torments I have fairly large motors and ESC's, running 3s.
I can see the original being warped from heat, but a brand new one being warped as well? I can't say it would never happen, but the likelihood of that happening more than once is almost a fluke in and of itself.

I'm not saying you dont have an issue, and without the car in our hands so we can check things for ourselves, we are just basically guessing at this point.
No injection molded spur gear will be perfectly round or flat, as previously stated.
I have 5 ECX 2wd Torments, a Amp DB, and a mini ruckus, amongst the Team Associated, and plethera of Tamiya stuff, and I have never had a trans or motor plate that warped or even a new one warped, and in 3 of the Torments I have fairly large motors and ESC's, running 3s.
I can see the original being warped from heat, but a brand new one being warped as well? I can't say it would never happen, but the likelihood of that happening more than once is almost a fluke in and of itself.
hi! why am I getting uneven mesh around this then? have one going one angle and pinion another? meshing on an angle. can you fit circuit gears in the sx-10 metal gear box or not? how eavy of a motor you using , im using arrma 3655 3800 motor 25 tooth pinion

hi! why am I getting uneven mesh around this then? have one going one angle and pinion another? meshing on an angle. can you fit circuit gears in the sx-10 metal gear box or not? how eavy of a motor you using , im using arrma 3655 3800 motor 25 tooth pinion

you cannot use anything other than ax-10 family gears inside the case. There is much more aftermarket for them than ECX gears, including different cases, ratios, and motor plates. I am not aware of a differential option, because none of the cases are physically large enough to hold it. Unless someone was carpet racing, I seriously doubt they'd be adversely affected by a locker. I actually prefer the way it handles, and the grip off the hit is substantially improved

how do I delete my account?
Leaving so soon? We haven't figured out your issue yet?
To answer your question in the Torment I run the most, I am running the Max10 SCT 120a ESC and a Hobbywing EZrun 3652 G2 3300Kv brushless motor, on 3s.
I dont remember what my pinion is right off in this one, i think I put a 20 or a 22 tooth?
She wheelies for daaaaaaaays......... :D(y)

I also have a Onyx brushless set in one, and a GoolRc brushless set in another. The other two Torments are basically parts cars, and they still have the brushed motors in them.

Leaving so soon? We haven't figured out your issue yet?
To answer your question in the Torment I run the most, I am running the Max10 SCT 120a ESC and a Hobbywing EZrun 3652 G2 3300Kv brushless motor, on 3s.
I dont remember what my pinion is right off in this one, i think I put a 20 or a 22 tooth?
She wheelies for daaaaaaaays......... :D(y)

I also have a Onyx brushless set in one, and a GoolRc brushless set in another. The other two Torments are basically parts cars, and they still have the brushed motors in them.

$10 says the motor can is hitting the tranny housing on the inside causing the motor to sit at an angle and bending the tranny case.

Last edited:
$10 says the motor can is hitting the tranny housing on the inside causing the motor to sit at an angle and bending the tranny case.
I kept telling myself to look at the Amp I have and see what the clearance is like between the motor and tranny case, but then I get home, I get busy and then it's the next day......
But yeah I think I mentioned that, that could be a possibility in the beginning.
I also noticed that little piece of wood? that little brace of sorts across the top of the tranny case and wondered about that as well, I think that is the mount for the rear bumper/cover? But that may not of had anything to do with his problem though.

hi guys here are some pics, I ran it 3 times last night, and the 3rd run it stripped! really dont know whats happening here. plus I bought car to run the plastic spur, it the early years had no stripping at all?? these pics show motor mount is warped when screwing in heavy motor to it compared to top part, please advise? the motor screws never came loose last night so maybe pinion and spur on on slight angle then stripped??
ive got the circuit 2wd but ive lost bearing on input shaft that sits behind the spacer
would u know what size bearing this is as its smaller size than most of them? cheers

5x10x4 its too big. its bearing that sits behind bushing sleeve on shaft 1015 it wont sit flush with other gear,
cant close diff case ??
I have two 1/10 2wd transmissions apart here and there is nothing other than th ebearing sizes I stated. Have any pictures that could help? For reference in this picture, the top gear is the input shaft or top shaft, the middle is the idler gear, and the bottom big one is the differential

Are you sure you don't have a bearing sitting in the outer case and you're putting one on the shaft and essentially double stacking the bearings?

IMG_0957.jpg

I have two 1/10 2wd transmissions apart here and there is nothing other than th ebearing sizes I stated. Have any pictures that could help? For reference in this picture, the top gear is the input shaft or top shaft, the middle is the idler gear, and the bottom big one is the differential

Are you sure you don't have a bearing sitting in the outer case and you're putting one on the shaft and essentially double stacking the bearings?

View attachment 9441
Yes input shaft gear and your saying 5x10x4 bearing that slide on first then the spacer ? 5x10 won't go in.. I've put 5x9 bearing on now and that fits ok

Attachments

• IMG20240217111105.jpg
    IMG20240217111105.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yes input shaft gear and your saying 5x10x4 bearing that slide on first then the spacer ? 5x10 won't go in.. I've put 5x9 bearing on now and that fits ok

Attachments

• IMG20240217110809.jpg
    IMG20240217110809.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20240217110844.jpg
    IMG20240217110844.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20240217110956.jpg
    IMG20240217110956.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20240217110855.jpg
    IMG20240217110855.jpg