circuit 2wd

ive seen china make metal ones for traxxas cars but not this one? why coudnt hot racing make one?

ive seen china make metal ones for traxxas cars but not this one? why coudnt hot racing make one?

before I went ape poop with mine I considered cutting a (relatively) thin piece of 1/8 mild steel and tracing the motor mount/trans housing bolt pattern and just sandwiching it on top of that to give support, but the spur is so close to the trans housing to begin with there isn't really any room to do anything there. You could probably do something on just the motor side, but the objective is to lock the spur and pinion relative to each other. ECX had an aluminum half moon shaped piece for awhile that went between the two bolts of the motor, but I think that had more to do with trying to get the motor screws to not move than really bracing anything

probably going to try one more new gear box, then sell car if stripped again. what about this ax10 metal gearbox some guys using, can you fit stalk circuit gears onto it?

probably going to try one more new gear box, then sell car if stripped again. what about this ax10 metal gearbox some guys using, can you fit stalk circuit gears onto it?

the amazon one most guys jump for comes as a complete unit with internal gears (same ratio as ECX stock) and a slipper clutch. I don't remember if it is 32p or 48p, I didn't use it. Once you're on a ax10 case, theres a lot more aftermarket support for internals and clutches. one note is there is no differential available for ax10 stuff. only lockers. personally, I prefer that, but some might see it as a downfall. I noticed zero grass handling/turning ability, and I really like how much more predictable it is sliding it around on moderate traction surfaces (grass, gravel).

Before you go all hog wild with new bits and pieces.
You could try taking the trans apart and heating the side affected up and gently moving it back in shape.
I dont mean melt it back into shape. But heat it up like in an oven slowly then placing it into a fixture of some sort and allowing it to cool down. Once cooled down place it into something with a bit of moisture in it so the plastic can absorb the moisture to make it more playable so it doesn't snap on you for some reason.

Worth a shot, I think. Or just buy a new trans case to start with.

Before you go all hog wild with new bits and pieces.
You could try taking the trans apart and heating the side affected up and gently moving it back in shape.
I dont mean melt it back into shape. But heat it up like in an oven slowly then placing it into a fixture of some sort and allowing it to cool down. Once cooled down place it into something with a bit of moisture in it so the plastic can absorb the moisture to make it more playable so it doesn't snap on you for some reason.

Worth a shot, I think. Or just buy a new trans case to start with.
do you guys get warped gear boxes when screwing heavier brushless system like me?

transfered everything into new gear box today, here are 2 pics showing spur is still higher on the top side then below. dont know what going to happen. cant I put ecx gears into the sx-10 metal gearbox ok? and still run diff?

Attachments

• IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2580.JPG
    IMG_2580.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 7
Does the clearance change as you rotate it?

No, ax10 family of trans uses similar, but entirely different gearset. No physical space inside case for a diff, much larger than the locker

yes its not the same has you rotate it, this is bad, I told them to need to make metal gear box they never did, if I strip one more spur its gone.

Who did you tell? ECX?

I am still running stock gear boxes in all my ECX cars and trucks.
The only time I had any issue with stripping a spur gear is when I jumped up to 3S with a hog Hobbywing motor and ESC, slapping a metal spur on it has essentially solved my problem. Now I am not saying that was the best course of action, but it seems to work fine. And wheelies for days.........

yes its not the same has you rotate it, this is bad, I told them to need to make metal gear box they never did, if I strip one more spur its gone.

wait, so as you rotate it, the spur (focusing on one area) gets closer to and farther from the housing? let's say the top side for reference, where in your pics you say it's farther from the housing than the bottom side. as you rotate the spur, does that gap increase and decrease or stay the same?

does anyone have warped motor mounts like im getting all the time with circuit? I have unequal gear mesh on my spur and pinion leading to spur stripping

Members online

Back