ECX AMP MT Tires/offset

Did you need to Change gearing at all?
With the ST's, Nope there about the same size as stock.
With the Mt's, stock motor got alittle hot. Maybe go down a couple of pinion teeth.didn't get a chance to experiment since i went BL soon after .

Ordered up 1 pair of Duratrax ST's no offsets(rear). Mt's had a bit sidewall roll still like them tho, but just wanted to see what the chrome look like. Plus they might be better for the track i go to.There about the same size as the stock tires. I know theres better tires out there, but these look pretty good.
Are the 0 offset the ST to get? Local shop has only the 1/2" (every single variation...)

Aaaaand contrary to the information I got here you need to get the Duratrax ST with the half inch offset if you want the same width as stock.

I had to order the 0 offset ones online ,sit and pay shipping instead of going to the lhs that the half inch in stock too.
Noooo I'm not bitter.

I went through this same problem with my Torment. Now I have a brand new set of Sixpack's for a Slash 4x4 that won't work with my Torment body. It can be difficult to get proper/correct info about ECX cars/trucks. There should be an offset thread as a sticky somewhere that has correct offsets for all vehicles.

It looks like itcan run with these tires without things rubbing, so that's ok at least. I guess the positive aspect will be less stress on the mechanics and better protected bearings/CVDs (they are completely inside the rim), we'll see how it handles.
It sits right between a buggy and a truggy in terms of width / wheelbase ratio, while with the stock tires it's like a truggy (so 10% more or less depending on the direction).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back