ECX Temper rock crawler

Well after waiting for these gears to come in I found out that there two small unless I do some mods on the motor plate which I choose not to so I guess I'll just get a more powerful motor and that will be the end of this project
How're these workin for ya? really wanna get this thing geared lower.

Well after waiting for these gears to come in I found out that there two small unless I do some mods on the motor plate which I choose not to so I guess I'll just get a more powerful motor and that will be the end of this project
that's to bad, I hate spending money with no possitive result. At least now we know. Where they to small to mesh properly?

I have been playin in the snow in Tahoe with well beyond stock weight and haven't had issues, as well as my little rock pile in the uninsulated garage. That's weird.

dmill1369 said:
I have been playin in the snow in Tahoe with well beyond stock weight and haven't had issues, as well as my little rock pile in the uninsulated garage. That's weird.

I think it was combination of cold snow and maybe i twisted it just right.

that's to bad, I hate spending money with no possitive result. At least now we know. Where they to small to mesh properly?
I just am not in the mood to drill and mod the motor plate the motor hits the gear housing no biggie I'll just keep them I'm sure I'll use them on one of my other rc's

I just am not in the mood to drill and mod the motor plate the motor hits the gear housing no biggie I'll just keep them I'm sure I'll use them on one of my other rc's

I ran into a hardware issue with the Dromida motor I ordered (I dont have the right size screws to mount it) - also, the motor plate will need modification. Debating saving it for another project and looking elsewhere for a power upgrade.

I droppwd the dynamite tazer 280 in and it fit great and definatly puts out higher rpm

I think I may go that way also, per your previous review. I know some from other sites have gone brushless on them, but have had to drop to a 9 or 10 tooth pinion, and none of them are sensored (cogging at low speed).

Yeah. From what ive read brushed are generally better for crawling, and do much better in water (which i play in a fair bit) I would lob to even just drop to a 12t pinion. Every little bit helps

Western Washington here - can't escape the water... Which reminds me to add waterproofing my new electronics to my list for this rig.

[QUOT="Juanmarteen, post: 1155, member: 3"]Yep, you broke it good!! Was the axle shaft still in good shape?[/QUOTE]

Yes i just need to replace bell housing but entire thing has to be taken apart

Western Washington here - can't escape the water... Which reminds me to add waterproofing my new electronics to my list for this rig.

Yeah I'm in Tahoe, so lots of snow right now. checkout "Never Wet" It's a super hydrophobic coating. comes in a two part spray can. usually about $20 at the hardware store. I ordered a waterproof receiver box for the tx/rx i ordered, everything else came waterproof, but I may pick some up an give the rx, the box, an the esc a light coating as a little extra insurance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back