Hello, I got a ecx Boost buggy. Any upgrades for its durability?

Ledged

hey, i have been pretty happy with my ECX Boost so far. some hiccups I have had were mainly the driveshafts, after running and small jumps, the driveshafts would fall out or even snap off. what I'm looking for is if there are any driveshafts that are better then stock for the ECX boost buggy. I have seen the popular hotracing Cvd aluminium driveshafts but it explicitly says that it does not work with the Boost buggy. i really want this rc to last, its probably the last I'm going to have. :(

While I have never had to replace the drive shafts on my Boost, I have read articles detailing how to modify Traxxas VXL driveshafts for use in ECX 2WD cars. It seemed quite easy. Unfortunately the site that had the step-by-step is down (UltimateRC.com) so all that I could find is this YouTube video.

Note that the car in the video is a 2WD Torment, but the process should be identical to modding the VXL driveshafts for the Boost-- maybe trimming the telescoping portions a little shorter.

I used VXL half shafts that I cut shorter. My problem was the ECX metal outer axle stubs kept breaking on landings. Other than that... it's very difficult to break a Boost even on 8ft jumps. I wanted a basher buggy and the Boost has got to be one of the best options for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back