New Generation Ruckus blown engine, upgrade or just replace?

colson747

Hello forum folks,
I am relatively new to RCing, this past xmas I bought myself a new Ruckus 1/10 2wd with LIPO, and my 5 y/o son a 1/18 ruckus. We both have a lot of fun and upgraded from our stock batteries to ones with more mah for longer run times.
I have a 2S 5000mah LIPO 20C battery, and just blew my engine. Since I am still relatively new, do I just replace it for $20 or step up to a brushless system? I am still bone stock at this point. I do have a RPM servo saver eliminator I intend to install to tighten up the slop in the steering.
If I just replace with a brushed mtor do I just do the dynamite 15t engine or get a traxxas engine? If so which one?
or
Do I go brushless? If so which one and what power range? 3800kv? I have read a lot that the castle 3800kv seems to be very popular and a great engine. Only catch, I want it drive-able and not constantly flipping when I go full throttle.
Thanks!

Hello forum folks,
I am relatively new to RCing, this past xmas I bought myself a new Ruckus 1/10 2wd with LiPo, and my 5 y/o son a 1/18 ruckus. We both have a lot of fun and upgraded from our stock batteries to ones with more mah for longer run times.
I have a 2S 5000mah LiPo 20C battery, and just blew my engine. Since I am still relatively new, do I just replace it for $20 or step up to a brushless system? I am still bone stock at this point. I do have a RPM servo saver eliminator I intend to install to tighten up the slop in the steering.
If I just replace with a brushed mtor do I just do the dynamite 15t engine or get a traxxas engine? If so which one?
or
Do I go brushless? If so which one and what power range? 3800kv? I have read a lot that the castle 3800kv seems to be very popular and a great engine. Only catch, I want it drive-able and not constantly flipping when I go full throttle.
Thanks!

I got 2 of them at Christmas and the same thing happened to me after going to 5000 LiPo from the stock 1800 LiPo's. After replacing the recalled ESC's that were recalled then, I burned up the motors a couple times. I shipped them back to Horizon Hobby and they installed Tazer Twin Combo motors with built in ESC's. They have been flawless for the last 3-4 months. You will have to upgrade to metal gears and axles because of the power upgrade . Didn't take long to find this out. A huge power difference..Lots of fun in between repairs.

Hello forum folks,
I am relatively new to RCing, this past xmas I bought myself a new Ruckus 1/10 2wd with LiPo, and my 5 y/o son a 1/18 ruckus. We both have a lot of fun and upgraded from our stock batteries to ones with more mah for longer run times.
I have a 2S 5000mah LiPo 20C battery, and just blew my engine. Since I am still relatively new, do I just replace it for $20 or step up to a brushless system? I am still bone stock at this point. I do have a RPM servo saver eliminator I intend to install to tighten up the slop in the steering.
or
Thanks!
Definitely go brushless, $ 110 for a Castle 4600K with a programmable ESC. The 4600K is able to handle 2s and 3s batterys up to I believe 14 volts. I'm running a 7200mAh 60C in my AMP and Tormen and have ran up to 45 minutes with a lot of battery left.

Members online

No members online now.
Back