Newbee AMP Owner

Magic8Ball

Just bought two AMP's, one Buggy, one MT so i can spend some father/son time away from an xbox. Loving the cars, fully understand they are entry level and nothing flash.

Now that they have been driven and crashed a bit they are starting to wobble at top speed. If i manipulate the tyres by hand it goes away for a bit before starting again. Not a big problem off road but when driving on tarmac its a bit of a worry.

so i was wondering what i can do to stop/fix it? Wondering if there are any steering upgrades that allow a bit of adjustment?

Thanks for any pointers.

If you been running offroad, check to see if any dirt got into your wheels. There should be a couple of holes inside your rims. That may throw your tires off balance and create a wobble. I usually plug them up.
Welcome to the ecx forum.

Nah, they are clean, mostly driven on dry sand being here in West Australia.

Seems to be once the cars heat up a bit the wobbles start. Sometimes you can grasp the wheels and squeeze and physically realign everything and it all rectifies itself. Sometimes you can do a jump or tight turn and it disappears.

I think the plastic parts on the steering 'warm up' during use and become less rigid. I posted in another thread that someone stated they replaced some of the suspension parts with traxxas equivalents but did not list the part numbers...i think this will fix things. Possibly also new tyres with foam inserts.

So once these plastic parts get worn in a bit you get a tremendous amount of slop. Upgraded parts are need in order to fix. Rpm makes some In their durable plastic and hot racing makes some in their hot blue aluminum. Also ecx has some aluminum hop up parts as well.

Rpm 73492 first upgrade I would do. Gets rid of the servo saver which is responsible for most of your slop. If you add a metal gear servo with it you will never need a servo saver again. I added Tactic tsx40.

20160321_224414.jpg

20160414_221331.jpg

Once you do that the remainder of your slop is in your steering blocks/casterblocks/steering links. Lol these are parts I recommend you go aluminum of you plan on going brushless or making your brushed set up much faster.

Ecx334001 aluminum caster blocks
Ecx334002 aluminum steering blocks

Hot racing has everything though, steerinf links as well. Just Google hot racing ecx

Ahh a fellow WA rc'r... will have to stalk your threads as no doubt ill have the same problems :)

Lol, right now the biggest problems are the plastic steering blocks, caster blocks and that lower front suspension mount. Lol as we speak I'm using some thicker traxxas shoulder screws to hold steering blocks to caster blocks until aluminum parts get here.

Traxxas 3462 part number for screws but you have to cut then to size as well as other mods. I also broke that front suspension mount last night, and I've broken it twice so I did some crazy crap with a drimul tool and cut the 2 good ends off and mounted. Lmao

Rpm 73492 first upgrade I would do. Gets rid of the servo saver which is responsible for most of your slop. If you add a metal gear servo with it you will never need a servo saver again. I added Tactic tsx40.

Thanks a bunch, trying to build up a list of parts in order of importance so will post this for verification once i've finished.

I've had these parts in my "cart" on ebay tr Ying to make a decision. Wasn't sure if I was going to do all aluminum and build this sucker and make it faster. Or leave it like it is 32ish mph and upgrade plastic parts.

So I decided to get a new vehicle and I ordered all of the rpm parts I needed. With the rpm parts I get a product made in the usa, and it has a lifetime warranty. But the biggest reason is I shredded another bearinf yesterday. The rpm parts go up a mm size on the bearings and almost double the life and fatigue rate of bearing. Now I must decide which 4×4mt I want.

Latest posts

Members online

Back