Ruckus and torment 4x4

Jp1ruckus

Hey guys.
Just a little thread on my new toys.
I got a torment 4x4 and loved it, so i found a ruckus 4x4 brushless. After shimming, tightening and oiling them. I put 50wt shock oil in both trucks (no more bottoming out on jumps) added more pre load spacers. 7000cst oil in the diffs.
5100mah 6 cell nimh batteries. Rpm bumpers with 30mm m4 bolts through it for extra support as m3 bolts pulled through. 16t pinion on flat only not for offroad on the brushed torment, wow more speed.
I have now swapped the wheels and bodies around so i now have a brushless torment 4x4. Wow this torment is epic now. Ruckus mt wheels are hard on the truck and servo struggles. But good for other bashing aspects. The extra power (not so much top speed) along with torment wheels are a real winner. I will be putting savox 15kg servos in both truck eventually. Traxxas adjustable links reduce a fair bit of play front and back.
Different trucks from new. Its amazing what a bit of love does. Oh raise the body on the torment and put rubber washers under body posts . That will stop rubbing and rattling.
Avc on the brushless system is cool.
And also my diffs seem ok. Order .1 .2 .3mm shims to make them perfect.
I think they are great trucks for the money.
HH are great customer service is spot on.
Sorry for the long post. Haha
Any other help and improvements greatly appreciated.
Hope this helps someone.

What name brand shims and from where?
*I am getting ready to re-open my gear case to my Ruckus, I have about an 1/8" of in/out play that I want to tighten up.
Hey man.
A set of stock shims. Find on your parts list and a set of 12x15 .1 .2 .3mm shims kyosho. The 7000cst make a huge difference..

Considering the 2wd trans cases don't seal perfectly(no gasket), If I were to try that 7000cst silicone diff fluid instead of thicker grease....I would have to get creative. *I would imagine that the fluid would also want to seep at the output shafts too.

Good old grease is perfect. Just the right amount. Will make the mesh nicer

Update on torment 4x4 brushless. Had a fiddle with the settings on speed control. Up'd the drag brake and lowered the punch/level setting from 3 down to 2. Much smoother now. Transtion from forward to brake especially..
Im looking at a 2 tooth increase on pinion gear to allow for the smaller torment wheels.
Stock ruckus bumpers are way stronger than stock torment bumpers haha. But debating on either rpm front bumper or t bone when they inevitability break, which 1 is best???
I ran the truck 2wd for a bit and that improved turning LOADS and on tarmac or hard stand i didn't loose acceleration but obviously suffered offroad lots. But nice to be able to flip between the two. All i did was remove centre shaft and cvd shafts (just remember to lock tight grub screw when putting cvds back together)
1mm spacer behind the hex pin really helps with keep hubs and axles tight amd allows you to tighten your wheels up a tad more without binding.
Popping to shop soon to find pivots for camber and turn linkages to tighten them up (cheaper and stock ones are strong and flexible) i will report back soon.

I got myself a torment 4x4 rolling chassis for dirt cheap. The wheels on it are far superior. Softer and way more grippy. The ones on my tormrnt are like plastic. Weird how they are so different.
The bloke who i got it off had all the electronics but for £30 it had all the spares i need for a while..
Ive just ordered a full set of abec 6 grade bearings for my ruckus and wheel bearing for the torment as ive gone through 5 since christmas. They cost me £40 but the guy ashored me it is well worth it.
Also he said get a ptfe spray. Clean the car. Dry it. Spray it with ptfe. Let it dry fully and boom teflon coated truck. Use on bearings to but allow to fully dry b4 use.

Savox 15kg is a beast. Need to cut a bit of chassis away to allow horn to operate properly.

Just had a wheel nut come loose and this time its damaged the wheel. Gutted.
Anything i can do to repair it. Some super product that bonds the hex to wheel. The wheel isnt fully rounded. Really the only plus. So ive now made the truck rear drive again. Love how it drives.

On my 1/16 cars, I've had luck using superglue to glue hexes to rounded wheels. You will need extra plastic hexes, and extra cross pins (you will lose pins with glued hexes), but they are cheap. Also, go ahead and buy the aluminum hexes to save the rest of your wheels.

Thanks jerry. Ill get some aluminium hexs. Im on the look for better lock nuts. Ill post the link when i find proper ones

Sweeet. Buying asap. Looking at badlands mx tyres. Damn they look nice so expensive tho.

My bearings have been delayed but kind of a good thing as ive strippe the entire csr down. Cleaned and teflon coated. Soaked my original bearings in petrol to clean them. Just get a razor blade to pop the rubber shields out. Spin then a few times over a period of a day or 2 in the petrol or bearing buster cleaner. Clean with wd40 ptfe get all petrol off. Dry. Light coat of oil. Remove excess. Rubber seals back in. Good as new if u do it often enough. Only 3 of mine where shot. Over 9 months.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back