How can i save stock gears

RWaugh

I have a 1/10 brushed 2wd Ruckus. I just put a 4000kv tazer brushles combo in. I know the gears will break soon. But what is the best adjustments i can make so that the gears last the longest?

I have a 1/10 brushed 2wd Ruckus. I just put a 4000kv tazer brushles combo in. I know the gears will break soon. But what is the best adjustments i can make so that the gears last the longest?
Don't mash the throttle. Slowly take off and slowly get up to speed. Going from zero to full throttle is a great way to mess up the gears.

Also, if you are doing jumps with your ECX Ruckus - don't be using the throttle right as it's landing. Without a doubt that is a sure fire way of blowing diffs and causing other havoc.

Don't mash the throttle. Slowly take off and slowly get up to speed. Going from zero to full throttle is a great way to mess up the gears.

Also, if you are doing jumps with your ECX Ruckus - don't be using the throttle right as it's landing. Without a doubt that is a sure fire way of blowing diffs and causing other havoc.
Thank you

Not sure how to save the stock ones so I'd just upgrade them.
Awsome. I dont know if anyone has noticed this but my brushed ruckus came out of the box with the wheels loose and the slipper clutch cranked all the way down.

Little looser slipper clutch helps too. But too loose and it'll heat up too much and melt. Kinda tricky to get it right

Thank you. I noticed out of the box the slipper was only turned out 3/4 of a turn. I ran it all the way in and went 2 turns out. I then held both wheels still on the floor and at full throttle it did not free spin and it did not pull the wheels all the way up in the air.

I hope that will help with the traction i get in dirt and grass and the brunt the diff takes when landing a jump. Wish me luck.

Proper mesh on spur/pinion and replace diff gears with metal upgrade. You could loosen the slipper a bit to gain some borrowed time for the diff gears but eventually you’ll smoke the slipper pad if you run it loose enough to provide adequate protection from a heavy foot ... I mean heavy finger. Also, watch hard landing under acceleration. Backflips come to mind. Going from freewheeling in the air to sudden high traction on landings can wreak havoc on your driveline in general.

Proper mesh on spur/pinion and replace diff gears with metal upgrade. You could loosen the slipper a bit to gain some borrowed time for the diff gears but eventually you’ll smoke the slipper pad if you run it loose enough to provide adequate protection from a heavy foot ... I mean heavy finger. Also, watch hard landing under acceleration. Backflips come to mind. Going from freewheeling in the air to sudden high traction on landings can wreak havoc on your driveline in general.
Thank you.

I ran stock plastic gears in a torment for a couple of months and started to notice that the gear mesh sounded loose. Took it apart and realized it wasn’t only the ancient spur gear that was eating my pinions it was also the, diff, idler, and topshaft gears that smelt a little burnt from friction:sneaky:

Maybe I should have greased them...with non petroleum grease it eats up the plastics and cooks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back