How-to install Traxxas VXL drive shaft on your ECX

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Here is a simple guide to show you how-to install the Traxxas VXL driveshafts onto your ECX truck.

Parts needed: Traxxas 6852X

vxl-shaft-ecx-rc.jpg

Instructions:
  1. From the spot indicated on the image above, measure 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" inch in the direction that goes towards the END of the shaft where they meet.

2. Then cut right in between your marks. You don't have to be 100% accurate doing this and it will still work just fine.

I'm not the original poster of this idea - I just saved the image for my own records and I'm glad I did as the URC forum has been down for months and looks like it might not ever come back. All credit goes to "gimpdiggity"!

You'll also have to grind a little bit off the end of the diff outdrive shafts. I recommend taking it off there rather than drilling the driveshaft deeper as that is the spot where they usually break.

Also you have to drill a tiny bit bigger hole in the wheel hex. nice forum :)

They are, but they still break just the same. Metal drive shafts are the only way.

I know this from someone I know that uses the HD Traxxas driveshafts on his TRAXXAS RC.

Just make the switch to metal and forget about the hassle.

Which metal drive shafts are you recommending?

They are, but they still break just the same. Metal drive shafts are the only way.

I know this from someone I know that uses the HD Traxxas driveshafts on his TRAXXAS RC.

Just make the switch to metal and forget about the hassle.

Second vote for metal drive shafts. I use Integy metal drive shafts (ya I know I know) but I have had good luck with them so far. And they are reasonably priced. ?

I want steel drive shfts but can't find any that fit a 2wd torment can sum1 send me a link to buy sum even if small modifying is need with a dremel etc

No, 4wd is all by itself. 2wd is 2wd.

Hot Racing is really the only company that makes ECX specific brand.
Pay the money for metal shafts.
I put the dog bone style on my Torment, they are the lightest and work great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back