Motor upgrades for ECX Ruckus?

Acd

I purchase the 1/10 for Pro 3000 KV motor and ESC combo 2 upgrading my RC. Do I need to do a upgrade on my slipper gear to metal instead of it being plastic? I have already upgraded my differential gears to metal. Any help would be greatly appreciated

We have four cars all brushless only one has a metal spur gear. The reason that one is metal is because that's what we had spare. We had a motor come loose. So far this is the only time we have stripped a spur gear. We run our slippers two full turns out from fully tightened down

Ty for the info . Gonna go ahead and install and give it a run

We have four cars all brushless only one has a metal spur gear. The reason that one is metal is because that's what we had spare. We had a motor come loose. So far this is the only time we have stripped a spur gear. We run our slippers two full turns out from fully tightened down
Need more info you can help I installed a new motor but it doesn't come close enough to touch the spur gear to make it turn out like it's supposed to he acts like it's tripping on it as you turn it. To me there's too much clearance what can I do

Yeah the new motor has like a good 1/8 inch gap between where the teeth meet. it will not slide any further it's all the way to the farthest point in the slot

Take both motor mounting screws out and rotate the motor within the mount until the next set of holes (motor) line up with the slots on the mount. You may need to do some convincing with the motor leads.

What size pinion are you using? Please, you can remove the motor and file out the slot with a jeweler's file to extend its length. If you are using a small pinion you will have to do some filling.

What size pinion are you using? Please, you can remove the motor and file out the slot with a jeweler's file to extend its length. If you are using a small pinion you will have to do some filling.

Been there - done that.

Acd, if you already filed out the slot then I would do what zderekv said to do by rotating the motor. You shouldn't be having meshing problems unless you have a very small pinion or spur.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back