Please help, need suggestions for comb packs

I'll pass on some good advice I received when I was starting out: Invest in good electronics so that you can move them to your next car. Don't buy super-cheap off-brand stuff. You can get a an excellent Hobbywing EZRUN 4000kv motor and ESC bundle for a little over US$100. The electronics are good enough that you'll want to move them to your next (better?) car. Then you can re-install the stock electronics in the old AMP and hand it down to a kid/friend/whomever.

The GoolRC burns up or fails, who you going to call? (Nobody, right? It's so cheap you just throw it away and buy another. Hobbywing, Castle, Horizon Hobby (Kinexis, Dynamite/Fuze) all offer good support. Just don't buy throwaway stuff... let's stop kicking Mother Nature in the tenders.

You're tempting fate here @i_r_beej. The GoolRC horde on this site will descend upon you with their wrath!

For the record, I completely agree with you. ;) :D

Sure, Hobbywing and Castle Creations are really good, but there's a special type of satisfaction to be had from scouting the online flea markets looking for implausibly low priced junk with barely readable Chinglish descriptions, taking the gamble and then finding out that it actually sort of works!

For now at least. Although the fan is very wobbly and occasionally stops.

Maybe it's a phase. I used to buy cheap flashlights off dealextreme, with even cheaper batteries. After a dozen bad contacts and dud batteries I'm buying genuine now... lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back