RPM Servo-Saver Eliminator Install/ Review on Amp MT

Unearthed!

So I just bought this rpm steering kit. But I have a HiTec 645MG to replace the stock steering servo. This is a fairly powerful servo for large planes, trucks and such.

Hoping this combo will be solid...

I've been running the servo saver eliminator set for just under two months. Probably put ten batteries through my Torment in that time. The steering improvement is huge, especially when combined with better tires. Best review that I can offer is from my 13 year old who said "the truck is fun for me to drive now".

I replaced the stock servo with a Savox one (metal gears) and also put a metal servo horn on. Had numerous crashes since the install, including a concrete wall that caused the shoulder screws to ping off. Absolutely no damage to the servo saver eliminator, the servo, or any other part of the truck. Highly recommended!!

Hi guys been a long while sense I have been on here, I picked up an Amp MT, swapped out its electronics for my own, was unimpressed with the steering, did the zip tie on the stock servo saver, now am running the RPM servo saver eliminator set up, love it. My question is has anybody figured out wich kimbrough servo saver fits without modifing the chassi ?

Okay did some research, trial and error. Found the servo saver that fits, its actually an ECX part #231013. For those that want a servo saver to protect a good servo.

Get the RPM one like i did. I put the servo saver on my servo in conjuction with the RPM setup, it hits the arm so it doesn't get full throw on a left hand turn. So I removed the servo saver and am now not running the servo saver. It steers fantastic, servos are cheap if I break it.

Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance on how to do this install. I'm stuck at removing one last screw, please see attached. I'm not sure what each of the parts are called, but I think I need to remove this last screw (1 of 2 pivot points), pull out the silver metal bushing, and insert them into the RPM saver eliminator, is that correct? If so, I can't seem to remove that screw. When I turn the screw counter clockwise, it just spins the other end of that silver busing.

Thank you!

Attachments

• servo arm.jpg
    servo arm.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 9
Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance on how to do this install. I'm stuck at removing one last screw, please see attached. I'm not sure what each of the parts are called, but I think I need to remove this last screw (1 of 2 pivot points), pull out the silver metal bushing, and insert them into the RPM saver eliminator, is that correct? If so, I can't seem to remove that screw. When I turn the screw counter clockwise, it just spins the other end of that silver busing.

Thank you!
its a tube that's threaded all the way through,your gunna need to hold it with pliers or put the screw back in and use a screw driver at either end twisting the screws out similtaiously

its a tube that's threaded all the way through,your gunna need to hold it with pliers or put the screw back in and use a screw driver at either end twisting the screws out similtaiously

That worked, thank you! I installed a 20kg digital servo and this RPM saver eliminator, it turns really well on grass now. A little too good almost...very quick and sensitive turning.

Thank you!
@888 I just went through this replacement. There is a screw opposite the one you are trying to remove on the other side of the assembly. They basically share the same geometric column. Using 2 screwdrivers, keep one from moving while loosening the other. They should both come loose.

So the RPM servo Eliminator is best, are most folks yes or no on the Saver? the ECX listed above is 23T/25T what does that mean? Sorry, also a relative newbie.

the listing of the teeth or splines is how many are on the servo shaft, you can run the servo saver like I tried to but I chose not to,because i chose not too modifie my chassi to get the full clearance for it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back