AMP MT complete electrical overhaul.

It sure sounds like an over draw on the battery. Does it only shut off when you turn the wheel while on the throttle? If so it could be something with the servo. You said stock servo right?

Yea its the stock servo... It doesn't matter if its full throttle or no throttle... If we get it going up to top speed left off throttle at the same time we turn we loose signal to the RX... If we go into a tight corner at low speed (1/4 throttle)we can 70% of the time come out of the turn at 3/4 throttle with out looking signal...

Once we loose signal we have to turn the esc off then back on again, then it works until the next corner.

Put the stock esc and motor back in and it runs fine without issues.

So I had a similar issue a while ago, where if I pinned the throttle from a dead stop it would cut out, and need to be turned off and on again. It was a loose dirty connection, that would work at a low amp draw, but not a high amp draw. I don't remeber which one, but I cleaned everything I could, then I put penetrox (or nolox) on every plug on the vehicle. Could be your issue too. Could be impossible to even see, so if you look and don't see anything obvious, I'd still recommend getting some penetrox (from home depot like stores, or an electrical distribution store, as it's for electrical connections), and use a toothpick or small screw driver to put a little on each pin of your reciever. It's sticky and messy, and you don't need much at all. It'll make a much better connection. I even have a light coat of it on my battery connectors.

So I had a similar issue a while ago, where if I pinned the throttle from a dead stop it would cut out, and need to be turned off and on again. It was a loose dirty connection, that would work at a low amp draw, but not a high amp draw. I don't remeber which one, but I cleaned everything I could, then I put penetrox (or nolox) on every plug on the vehicle. Could be your issue too. Could be impossible to even see, so if you look and don't see anything obvious, I'd still recommend getting some penetrox (from home depot like stores, or an electrical distribution store, as it's for electrical connections), and use a toothpick or small screw driver to put a little on each pin of your reciever. It's sticky and messy, and you don't need much at all. It'll make a much better connection. I even have a light coat of it on my battery connectors.
This got me inspired to go check the connections on my old amp. It ran fine on lipos, but would shut down with nimh every time you punched the throttle. I found the wire was half broken at the deans battery plug on the esc. Cut it, re soldered, and wham, everything works great again. I just cleaned it up and went over it to get ready to sell. Hopefully make somebody as happy as when we first got ours. It was a spare and I needed to get rid of some clutter in the shop. We don’t need 3 amps ?

I will look into that... Sounds "legit"; as my son would say. It seams like a very reasonable explanation.

Yea its the stock servo... It doesn't matter if its full throttle or no throttle... If we get it going up to top speed left off throttle at the same time we turn we loose signal to the RX... If we go into a tight corner at low speed (1/4 throttle)we can 70% of the time come out of the turn at 3/4 throttle with out looking signal...

Once we loose signal we have to turn the esc off then back on again, then it works until the next corner.

Put the stock esc and motor back in and it runs fine without issues.
We found the issue... My son has yet to learn the value of putting the correct screw in the correct hole... He put a shock screw in place of the motor mount screw so the motor was slightly binding. When the steering servo energized the whole electrical system would shut down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back