Recommended ECX AMP Upgrades

I have 2 Amp trucks and one Circuit truck. On one of my amps I replaced the receiver with the one mentioned above by Horizon and bought a brushless and ESC combo 3000 KV. I also purchased a 5000 lipo 30c 7.4v. As I was ordering it the guy suggested a metal gear upgrade and so I did that also. Man it rips now and will wheelie at will. So far I've been running it pretty hard and have had no issues. The replacement of the parts was easy also. All these parts and the battery for about 164.00$

Cool! What makes it the "most advanced?"

It Having a program card. That allows you to completely dial in your esc. Lipo cut offs build into the system. Completely sensored motor.
I'm old skool I'm use to the green machine and speed gem brushed motors. So to Me this is pretty advanced gear.

Attachments

• IMG_20170327_182628.jpg
    IMG_20170327_182628.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 35
Ya, me too = Midnight & D3 Dirtinator!
Did you find reviews that said the card and system works well? Holds up? I still have 15 yr old Trinity motors that are working!!

I've seen just the motors run with stock esc on youtube. As far as this whole combo goes. I haven't seen many reviews, and the ones I did see all said great things. So fingers crossed I didn't waste $85.00

Cool--thanks for being the guinea piglet!! Please keep us posted!!
What do you mean "motors run with stock ESC?"
Update on SkyRC brushless system

It is incredibly fast. Using 3s Lipos. Program card works wonders. Being able to have a built in lipo cut off is a great feature. Save from buying more gear. Being able to set punch and motor timing is a bonus as well. ( dont set both to Max on first run) my mistake. Wasn't expecting it to go so fast from the word go. Over all. I would rate it 8/10 set up is a little tricky

I heard from Horizon support that you can use the 13003 receiver if you want to change out the ESC, so you don't actually need to upgrade the radio. The radio is tiny, but otherwise very good in my experience. It has dual rate for the throttle, which is awesome if you have a kid and want to quickly dial back the power before you hand over the remote. I know my son digs it.

The 13003 receiver is $16 though, sadly. It would be nice if it were a $5 part like the Flysky RX.

I can confirm that the 13003 receiver does work with the stock transmitter. I installed one last week with my new ESC (Hobbywing Quickrun). And yes, cost almost €30 in Ireland unfortunately.

Hi
Has anyone found or used a waterproof recover box in their ecx amp. I am looking at the traxaas one but I am not sure I'd it will fit
cheers

Update on SkyRC brushless system

It is incredibly fast. Using 3s Lipos. Program card works wonders. Being able to have a built in LiPo cut off is a great feature. Save from buying more gear. Being able to set punch and motor timing is a bonus as well. ( dont set both to Max on first run) my mistake. Wasn't expecting it to go so fast from the word go. Over all. I would rate it 8/10 set up is a little tricky
What part of the set up was tricky? Also what else didn't come in the box that is needed for the set up?

Could you please send a link to your exact motor/esc system? Sorry if you already posted it. More details of the speed & power & the truck's ability to handle it would be fun. Thanks!

Hi
Has anyone found or used a waterproof recover box in their ECX amp. I am looking at the traxaas one but I am not sure I'd it will fit
cheers
I have used a Traxxas receiver in my amp MT. I was using a spectrum receiver. It fit very well

Fast Eddys Bearings, is it worth paying for the Ceramic over Std?
Also are the Std ones worth it over stock?

T-Bone bumpers.....do we use Circuit ST 2wd ones?

Cheers

Fast Eddys Bearings, is it worth paying for the Ceramic over Std?
Also are the Std ones worth it over stock?

T-Bone bumpers.....do we use Circuit ST 2wd ones?

Cheers
There is no good reason to go with ceramic bearings unless you're doing some serious racing. The advantages only apply to racers when compared to the extra cost of them.

Go with the standard FastEddyBearings as they will be a huge improvement over stock bearings while still being very affordable.

There is no good reason to go with ceramic bearings unless you're doing some serious racing. The advantages only apply to racers when compared to the extra cost of them.

Go with the standard FastEddyBearings as they will be a huge improvement over stock bearings while still being very affordable.
And even if you race, don’t bother with ceramic unless you’re in a grit free environment like carpet or asphalt. I race exclusively on dirt and just use sealed cheap bearings. Fast Eddies, Boca, TBR ect. I just order 10 packs of the most common ones that fail like rear hubs and diff output shafts. Typically replace them with every diff rebuild.

does any body no a good set of 2 or 3 inch trenchers or mud tires i can put on the amp

and also a set of sticky street/drift tires

and whitch tbone wheelie bar will fit the amp mt and will the V3 Snow Skis - ECX Circuit ST, Ruckus, Torment SC 2WD
fit the amp mt

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back