Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

Small update on the shafts I got. Well not an update on the shafts, just some more info for my original post. I wanted to add that I've also flipped the rear A arms from side to side, which slightly pushed the rear tires back, resulting in a more straight shot from tire to transmission, so the drive shafts are on less of an angle.
Also wanted to add that I would still recommend the hotracing SECT288X06 drive shafts, even though I broke mine in a short time. I was quite abusive on them. Under normal conditions I believe they would hold up nicely, they are sturdy.
I do have a few crazy runs on the new set, haven't been taking it easy on them at all. But I have gone back to a more open diff, just packed with marine grease, no putty, so less stress on them.

Small update on the shafts I got. Well not an update on the shafts, just some more info for my original post. I wanted to add that I've also flipped the rear A arms from side to side, which slightly pushed the rear tires back, resulting in a more straight shot from tire to transmission, so the drive shafts are on less of an angle.
Also wanted to add that I would still recommend the hotracing SECT288X06 drive shafts, even though I broke mine in a short time. I was quite abusive on them. Under normal conditions I believe they would hold up nicely, they are sturdy.
I do have a few crazy runs on the new set, haven't been taking it easy on them at all. But I have gone back to a more open diff, just packed with marine grease, no putty, so less stress on them.
Steve G I have been running those axles on my Stampede 4x4 and was also contemplating buying these for my Ruckus and my Stampede 2wd.

I've always used the plastic drive shafts for a Traxxas Slash 4 x 4, and I've never had any problems with them breaking. I like them also because they have a thicker stub axle than the stock ECX.

Reviving this thread since it is one of the most informative ones I have come across for upgraded Ruckus drive shafts.

I have the current 2wd 1/10th scale Ruckus with a Castle 3800kV motor, metal transmission running on 2s. I replaced the stock plastic drive shafts with non-branded ebay metal shafts which weighed a ton a caused bearing failure in the stock rear hubs.

Per the recommendation of the LHS, I tried Traxxas 6852A shafts, but they will not fit. I drilled out the Traxxas diff cups and was able to fasten them onto the transmission output shafts. However the wheel axle does not poke thru the rear hub carrier(tried stock and RPM) enough to install the hex pin.....like the axles are either too short or the plastic shoulder of the axle stub needs to shaved down. Anyone else can confirm this?

I have ordered and waiting to receive the Traxxas 6852X and Traxxas 1985 teflon washers to try.

So with the current lack of quality options like MIP and Hot Racing, what are other people finding for heavy duty 2wd shafts?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back