Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest ECX RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the ECX brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

Discussion in 'Chassis & Drivetrain' started by shortcourse5117, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Matze

Matze Member

Have a Traxxas drive shaft Trx 6852x here. She had also installed but that has too much play on the wheel.
    Sorry for my Englisch

2. Ramjet

Ramjet Well-Known Member

3. Real_sparky

Real_sparky Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried these? I know they are expensive just wondering if anyone has tried before i splash out
    pro-2-rear-axle
    or these
    pro-2-protrac-axle-kit

They look like they would work, with a mod t othe output shaft maybe?

4. JvG

JvG Member

Hi, (for the Ruckus) you need 4x4 Traxxas axles. These are 2wd, i understood they are shorter and know the 4x4's fit with a small mod.

5. Real_sparky

2wd and 4x4 rears are the same on the slash. I thought, because on the aussie site i am looking they are advertising these for the 2wd and the 4x4 on the spare parts page. But when i read the description these are for the Pro trac kit.

ok what about these
    rear-axle

anyone tried them?

#105 Real_sparky, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  6. Ev0

Ev0 Member

7. yeti_87

yeti_87 New Member

just joined not long ago and started digging around for info, am i reading this right? traxxas slash drive shafts fit our trucks? i have a 2wd torment and a 4wd ruckus. i want to use the torment for drag racing/speed runs and have been looking at different shaft sets. the hobby store near me doesn't have many upgrade parts for the ecx trucks, but has MIP and Integy shafts for the slash. will they work for the torment?

8. Real_sparky

Traxxas part no 6852X will fit the 2wd versions of our cars with a little mod to the shafts. Cant tell you much about the 4x4 versions of our cars. Dont own one.

9. yeti_87

yeti_87 New Member

i bought a set of integy splined steel shafts. so far a full battery on a 50C 3s and they're good. running a 4600kv castle sidewinder 3 setup, but will be putting in a 3800kv sidewinder SCT combo in it this weekend. we'll see how well they hold up

10. yeti_87

yeti_87 New Member

20180518_220210.jpg Little update. On the second battery, was doing some speed runs and noticed a funny sound. Pulled the body and saw that the pins were coming out of the joints. So i cleaned them and tightly rrapped electrical tape around them. Hopefully that helps

Attached Files:

11. bz7

bz7 Member

Keep us posted! Very interested in a budget driveshaft option since we've got 3 of these trucks for our nonprofit! Thanks!