Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

Ouch! I feel your pain :(
Surely theres something else wrong? I mean 10 minutes omg!​

Yep, and no warranty..i double checked everything but it's not the right product for the Ruckus.
I still won't give up on it though.
The big difference between a Slash is the angle of the axles from the diff to the hub. It's quite large and puts a lot of stress on the cvd's so i just swapped the rear a-arms and the angle is much less, toe is still ok. It needs some trimming and washers and some new holes for the shocks but it's quite simple. You do need turnbuckels to adjust the camber.
And finally ordered some MIP's (10130). I will post pictures and keep you updated!

Last edited:
By the pics I'd say 2WD. I've only read good things about MIP X-Duty, there's a video on YouTube from Jang (from still missing URC.com) using them with 4S and a 1/8 scale combo in a Stampede.

Last edited:
Next update: swapped the rear a arms and moved the shocks to the back of the shock tower.
The angle in the cvd's is gone and no binding.
Lets go for a test drive....o_O

20180306_120456.jpg 20180306_120503.jpg 20180306_120509.jpg 20180306_120551.jpg

Hello, I'm new here
Had already read through everything here and still wanted to ask again which drive shaft you can recommend.
Have a Ruckus 2wd brushless

Hello, I'm new here
Had already read through everything here and still wanted to ask again which drive shaft you can recommend.
Have a Ruckus 2wd brushless

Hi Matze, it all depends on the power. What battery type do you use?

Ive had my eye on those MIP X duties too...they look amazing.

@JvG did u swap out RPM Ruckus A arms for stock Ruckus A arms? Why?
Just to test if it is possible to swap left and right. Should work with the RPM arms but the design of the stock ones is more suitable for new shock mounting holes.
The MIP's are in backorder.

Last edited:
I use 2s 45c lipos. Here is a picture of the car

I would say for 2s and mod free installation with no binding get the Hotracing SECT288X06.
And keep 'm lubricated for minimal wear with a very little bit of thick grease.

The cost here in Germany 50 €. Is there still a cheap solution?
Hi Matze, same price here in the Netherlands.
I do agree it's expensive but the options are very limited for the Ruckus (without mods) and i haven't seen cheaper and good performing options.
With mods to Traxxas axles it's still expensive. The MIP's i just ordered cost €65,-. And the Integy's that broke after 10 minutes were €40,-

I hope this helps!

Here in Germany they are too expensive. The ecx cost here in the brushless version new 150 €. Wanted now not so expensive drive shafts buy for it.

Here in Germany they are too expensive. The ecx cost here in the brushless version new 150 €. Wanted now not so expensive drive shafts buy for it.
Yep, the Ruckus is really cheap in comparisson to its competitors so even with 50 euro axles it is still cheap. You can try the cheaper plastic Traxxas axles from the slash 4x4. I've read that they hold up better than the stock ECX ones but have no experience with them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back