Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

2wd and 4x4 rears are the same on the slash. I thought, because on the aussie site i am looking they are advertising these for the 2wd and the 4x4 on the spare parts page. But when i read the description these are for the Pro trac kit.

ok what about these
rear-axle

anyone tried them?

Last edited:
just joined not long ago and started digging around for info, am i reading this right? traxxas slash drive shafts fit our trucks? i have a 2wd torment and a 4wd ruckus. i want to use the torment for drag racing/speed runs and have been looking at different shaft sets. the hobby store near me doesn't have many upgrade parts for the ecx trucks, but has MIP and Integy shafts for the slash. will they work for the torment?

i bought a set of integy splined steel shafts. so far a full battery on a 50C 3s and they're good. running a 4600kv castle sidewinder 3 setup, but will be putting in a 3800kv sidewinder SCT combo in it this weekend. we'll see how well they hold up

20180518_220210.jpg Little update. On the second battery, was doing some speed runs and noticed a funny sound. Pulled the body and saw that the pins were coming out of the joints. So i cleaned them and tightly rrapped electrical tape around them. Hopefully that helps

Attachments

• 20180518_211549.jpg
    20180518_211549.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 18
View attachment 3559 Little update. On the second battery, was doing some speed runs and noticed a funny sound. Pulled the body and saw that the pins were coming out of the joints. So i cleaned them and tightly rrapped electrical tape around them. Hopefully that helps
Keep us posted! Very interested in a budget driveshaft option since we've got 3 of these trucks for our nonprofit! Thanks!

Well, these integy drive shafts are officially junk. DO NOT waste your money. The one driveshaft blew a joint a few days ago, so u just threw in my final spare plastic shaftn and tonight after doing a few other upgrades (wheelie bar, chin spoiler, and proline thread on body mounts), on my 3rd or 4th pass the other drive shaft blew apart20180525_225830.jpge

How did these driveshafts hold up? I just bought some as a quick cheap pair and will be trying them out soon.

What did you think of them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180917-143803.jpg
    Screenshot_20180917-143803.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 16
Traxxas part no 6852X will fit the 2wd versions of our cars with a little mod to the shafts. Cant tell you much about the 4x4 versions of our cars. Dont own one.
I tired these, and the 6852x DOES NOT for the 2wd Ruckus.

They do fit you have to modify them to fit as said they don't just pop right in. Drill the diff side out (5mm) to get it to fit on the diff. Use a Traxxas hex or drill out the stock hex to fit on the axle end. You will need to use shims also to remove in and out play (axle end) I use TRA1985. I used these shafts on my Ruckus they did start to oval out but did not break like stock shafts did.

Screenshot_20181229-223320.png
So this is a newer driveshaft I haven't seen anyone try yet. I got them a couple weeks ago, after breaking my hot racing ones(the better star drive ones, with out the rubber boots). The hot racing ones seemed nice, but didn't last long. Now in fairness, I am running 3s, with 2.8 trenchers, on a 3900kv motor geared down with a 16t pinion. I started trying out diff putties, and while doing a violent doughnut they blew up. I know I could have bought the parts to fix them, but for a few bucks more I figured I'd try these. So far they seem great, no issues. I used a dry spray lube on them before installing them. These, just like the tra6862x traxxas driveshafts needed the stock 12mm hexes drilled out(if you use the stock ones, I have aftermarket aluminium ones that fit great). They do not need anymore modification to fit.
I have high hopes for these, and I will keep an update on these to let everyone know how they hold up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back