Name your favorite ECX AMP Mod

X is my favourite mod

he's got a flaming skull, you can't beat that

seriously though a lipo battery is my best mod so far, when I run the stock battery I think my rc's broken...

Last edited:
Yep bang for buck is a 2s lipo 5000mah, charger for lipo, and low voltage alarm for lipo. All can be had for 80.00 or less

You need to buy a $1 low voltage alarm from ebay. Google how to use it, or ask on here... it will protect your lipo battery from over discharging which is dangerous for lithium batteries., youll need a lipo compatible charger and a charging bag, you may also need to solder new connectors onto your new battery to fit your RC connector.

You need to buy a $1 low voltage alarm from ebay. Google how to use it, or ask on here... it will protect your LiPo battery from over discharging which is dangerous for lithium batteries., youll need a LiPo compatible charger and a charging bag, you may also need to solder new connectors onto your new battery to fit your RC connector.

The low voltage alarm will not protect your battery. It will tell you when the cell voltage is lower than the set level. User error can still damage your battery if you ignore the alarm beeping at you. ;) :D

Here is my mods so far. It's hard to call these mods, although they technically are mods, to me they are more of a requirement.

-Helios RC 2s Lipo 5200mah
-Spot-On RC velcro battery strap
-Hot Racing aluminum steering knuckles
-Lipo battery voltage alarm w/ balance lead extension
-Team Fast Eddy bearing kit

Possible future upgrades:
-RPM arms
-Tbone Racing front bumper
-Metal gear set
-Different tires/wheels

20160816_082431_zpsln5kxgu7.jpg
20160816_082411_zpstnvdkaih.jpg
20160816_082515_zpsx3kzkhlj.jpg
20160816_082546_zpsjhqgeqz3.jpg

The low voltage alarm will not protect your battery. It will tell you when the cell voltage is lower than the set level. User error can still damage your battery if you ignore the alarm beeping at you. ;) :D

Yeah, i shouldve been more specific... itll protect your lipo if you're not a douche and ignore the insessant beeping at you.

Here is my mods so far. It's hard to call these mods, although they technically are mods, to me they are more of a requirement.

-Helios RC 2s LiPo 5200mah
-Spot-On RC velcro battery strap
-Hot Racing aluminum steering knuckles
-LiPo battery voltage alarm w/ balance lead extension
-Team Fast Eddy bearing kit
Bigpoppa99,

I really like what you've done to your truck and I'd like to duplicate it :) Would you be so kind to provide links to the above purchases?

Thanks...Dan

Thanks X. Yea I made the garage for me and my son's 1/10 scale crawlers. The AMP just seems to fit perfect though.

Mrsr71, no problem here is some links

Helios rc lipos. Best lipos I have ever used. And made right here in N.C.
http://www.heliosrc.com/5200_2s_30c_-_Trail_Pack/p2285084_12957107.aspx

Spot-on battery straps. Many colors to choose from, I only had a pink one left so I just used it.
http://www.spotonrc.com/goods.php?id=89

Fast Eddy bearing kit. Just for the AMP MT.
http://www.fasteddybearings.com/ecx-1-10-2wd-amp-sealed-bearing-kit/

And the Hot Racing steering knuckles, voltage alarm, and extension I got off ebay. If you don't ebay then I'm sure they are other places to get them as well.

-Castle 3800kv sct kit
-Hot racing aluminum driveshafts
-Rpm arms
-Rpm rear holders
-Rpm castor blocks/steering spindles
-Upgraded bearing size
-Steel spur from hot racing
-Metal transmission gears
-Spektrum dx2e transmitter
-SMC Racing formula 100c/6000mah 2s lipo
-Upgraded spektrum servo metal gears
-Aluminum servo horn